This is a super yummy salad that is easy to prepare and can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. I used green red and orange peppers but feel free to use whatever color bell peppers you can find in your local supermarket.
- 1 cup quinoa ( I used red quinoa)
- 2 cups water or broth, your choice
- 3 bell peppers, cleaned and diced
- 1/4 cup oil, your choice (I used corn oil)
- 1/4 cup vinegar, you choice (I used pomegranate, but balsamic would be good too)
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- Pepper and salt to taste
- (optional 1/4 c. feta or goat cheese crumbled)
- Cook quinoa in water or broth as indicated on package directions.
- Once quinoa is cooked refrigerate until cool.
- In a large bowl mix cooked chilled quinoa and bell peppers set aside.
- In a small bowl mix oil, vinegar, and mustard until combined.
- Pour over quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Taste and salt and pepper as needed.
- Store in refrigerator for at least four hours prior to serving.
Delicious as a side dish or top a green salad with this mixture to make a large entree salad.
Because of this salad is a vegan (sans cheese, of course), vegetarian, and gluten free it is a great option for a potluck with friends or family.
This recipe makes six side dish servings or three main dish servings