I love this cake recipe. It’s quick, easy, and it disappears so quickly! And the best part, it’s loaded with pumpkin, so you don’t have to feel bad about serving it to your family. It’s easy enough that you can let even the littlest chef help you prepare it without risking a total cake failure!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
- 1 Cake Mix (chocolate or Devil’s Food) I prefer the mix with pudding it it- the cake is moister
- 1 small (approx 15 oz.) can of pumpkin
- 1/2-1c chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix and pumpkin. I used an electric mixer, but you can always mix it by hand.
- Add chocolate chips, stir to combine.
- Bake as directed on cake mix packaging. If making cupcakes, do not use cupcake liners, use spray release. Remember, there is no added fat in the recipe, so you’ll need the spray release, or you’ll be picking muffin-y goodness off the cupcake liners!
- Vegan Option: Use a vegan Cake Mix, and Vegan Chocolate chips
- GF option: Use a GF cake mix
We also shared it with our friends at a play date! Even our pickiest eaters gobbled up the cupcakes!