This is a family favorite, even little man loves it!
You can make as much of it from scratch as you’d like, or if you’re in a hurry, you can use pre-made sausage and sauce.
This recipe is also great because you can make it vegetarian with soy crumbles, or even vegan if you use alt. cheese. Use Gluten Free Pasta and this dish Gluten Free!
This is a great dish to take to potlucks!
Italian Sausage Casserole
- 1 box of pasta, your choice, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 jar of your fav pasta sauce, or 4 cups home made sauce
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, crumbled, cooked and drained (or 1 package soy crumbles) You can use ground beef if you prefer.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or 1 cup vegan cheese)
- In a large baking dish, mix the pasta, sauce, and sausage.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melty.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and a green salad.