There are a lot of couponers who don’t shop at Target.
“It’s too hard.”, “It’s too much work.” “They aren’t Coupon Friendly.” Those are some of the reasons I hear. To that I say, I love Target. I am a convert, I used to hate shopping at Target, but when we moved, I discovered that the two Target locations that are close to my home are both coupon friendly and always have plenty of sale items. I think it all depends on the Target you shop at.
Here are my
10 (now 9) reasons for shopping at Target:
1. You can stack Target coupons and manufacturer coupons. Target has printable coupons on their website here. 99% of them are Target coupons, meaning they are only redeemable at Target. Stacking coupons leads to greater savings. If you are looking to print manufacturer coupons (redeemable at any store), click here.
2. I save 5% every time I shop by using my Target Red Card. It’s a debit card and it’s Target branded, so I can only use it at Target, just like an ATM card (with a PIN).
3. I’m a member of Target Pharmacy Rewards (it’s free). This program has gone KAPUT at the end of 2015 when Target and CVS joined up to provide pharmacy services. SIGH.
4. When you sign up for a Target Red Card or start a registry at Target, you get added to their mailing list and about once a month, they’ll send you a packet of really great Target coupons.
5. Target rewards you for using reusable shopping bags. For every re-usable shopping bag you use on your shopping trip, you’ll save .05! It may only be a nickel per bag, but it can add up!
6. They have a great markdown/clearance section! And they mark their clearance down pretty methodically too.
- Monday – Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)
- Tuesday – Domestics, Women’s Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
- Wednesday – Men’s Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items
- Thursday – House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage
- Friday – Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry
7. Target Price Matches. Currently, Target matches prices from Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, and BabiesRUs.com. You can use coupons on a price match too! This is great if you have a Target Coupon and a manufacturer coupon to go with your price match! To learn more about price matching at Target, click here.
9. If you want to know if your local Target carries an item or has a specific item in stock, you can check online. That saves you time, energy, and gas! (Thanks to Samantha for that tip!)
10.Target Cartwheel: Instead of the traditional dollar or cent off coupons, Target Cartwheel offers savings in a percentage. You choose specific offers, based on what you buy, and there are new offers all the time! The best part is that you can use Target Cartwheel, a Manufacturer Coupon, and a Target Coupon all on the same item.
And you know what, here is another one- Target is a participating partner in most of the rebate apps (you check out a full list here). So, you’ll be saving a few extra pennies (or dollars) in no time.