Throughout December, I’m going to be posting about New Year’s Resolutions. Each post will have tips and tricks to help you navigate through your resolutions to become more successful at all of your frugal endeavors!
The Number 4 New Year’s Resolution on most top ten lists is: Spend more time with your family.
There are lots of fun, free or low cost activities you can do with your family.
- In San Diego, there is free museum Tuesday in Balboa Park. Here is a list of museums that are free and when they are free.
- Also in San Diego, October is kid’s free month at tons of museums, parks, and attractions (including the zoo!!). Here is a list of events and attractions that were free in October 2012.
- Lots of Daily Deal sites have free credit when you sign up to defray the cost of your first purchase. Here are just a few that I use and really like:
- LivingSocial- They sell local gift certificates (like Groupon) as well as merchandise. When you sign up, you’ll receive a credit (it varies, but it’s usually between $5-$15).
- Instead of eating out at full price, use coupons from websites like Get1Free, or if you’ve got an Entertainment book, USE IT!
- If you’ve got kiddos, check out these great lists of restaurants where Kids Eat Free. For San Diego restaurants where kids can eat free try here, here, here, here, and here.
- Is your birthday coming? Of course it is…. Well, then check out this post about Birthday freebies!
There are fun, free events all year long for the family. Here is a list of just some of the holidays each month:
- January: New Year’s Day, MLK Day
- February: President’s Day, Some communities have Valentine’s day events too.
- March: Saint Patrick’s Day, Mardi Gras
- April: Easter
- May: Memorial Day and Mother’s day
- June: End of school/beginning of summer events, graduation, Father’s Day.
- July: Independence Day
- August: Back to School, Labor Day
- September: Back to School
- November: Thanksgiving
- December: Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza