We drink a lot of protein shakes. I have 1-2 a day. They help me stay full and keep me out of the fridge, and they give me the energy I need to wrangle the munchkins.
This is an easy, yummy recipe- especially if you like pumpkin!
Pumpkin Protein Shake
Makes 1 shake
- 1 scoop or pouch vanilla protein powder/protein shake (we use HMR 120)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not the canned pumkpin pie filling, but the plain canned pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup water (You can add up to an additional 1/2 c. if you want your shake thinner)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (You can add more if you like your shake thicker)
- 2 T. sugar free butterscotch pudding powder
- 1 T. sugar free vanilla syrup (like Torani)
- cinnamon & nutmeg to taste
- Place all ingredients in blender or magic bullet and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until all ingredients are blended and ice is broken down.
- Serve immediately.
- If you do not use protein powder, substitute 1/2 c. fat free plain greek yogurt, and reduce water to 1/3 c.
- If you are vegan, use soy yogurt (like Silk Brand).
- If you have an ice cream maker, pour the mixer into the ice cream maker and use machine as directed for yummy pumpkin ice cream!
Calories for base recipe with no modifications: 225 Calories