I’m no doctor, but I do know that when we don’t feel good, nothing is more soothing than lemon and honey.
I recently made a very soothing syrup, and I had to share it with you. I put 1/3 cup of the syrup in the bottom of a coffee mug and pour boiling water over it. I have been drinking a mug full twice a day.
It’s quick and easy to make!
- 2 C honey (real honey, none of that honey flavored syrup junk!)
- Juice of 10-12 lemons (reserve two lemons and chop them up)
- A Thumb sized knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine the honey, juice, and ginger.
- In a jar with a screw on lid, pack in reserved chopped up lemon pieces.
- Cook on low for about 20 minutes. Do Not boil!
- Pour honey mixture over lemons.
- Screw lid on and let sit on counter until it reaches room temperature.
- Store in the fridge.
If you’re looking for the science behind all of this, Lemons contain a lot of vitamin C! Honey is very soothing and coats a sore throat. Remember that honey should not be consumed by anyone under 12 months of age. And ginger contains anti-oxidants.