This is one of the most popular recipes that I’ve ever cooked! It is a family favorite and is very popular for meal trains and freezer meal swaps!
I’m constantly tweaking and improving my recipe, so I wanted to share this recipe with you. I cook this all day in the crockpot and it makes the house smell sooooo good!
- 1-2 lbs of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (rule of thumb for this recipe 1/4 lb of meat per person, plus an extra 1/4 lb of meat for leftovers or seconds)
- 3 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1 bag frozen tri colored peppers and onions
- 1/2c. chicken broth
- 1 cup rice or 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 C shredded cheese
- In a crockpot, place the first four ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- (If you opt to add the last two ingredients) About an hour before serving add rice or quinoa to the crockpot and turn crockpot up to medium or high.
- Stir before serving.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top with cheese and serve.
Makes 6-8 servings. Sometimes I turn leftovers into quesadillas, or add more broth and some C&W Southwest veggie blend and it transforms into a hearty soup! It’s so versatile and easy to make!