Recently, I was sent this awesome Lebice Popsicle mold kit. Right now it’s on sale for about $8.00. Remember Amazon prices change frequently!
It makes 6 good sized frozen nummies, a stand to keep them upright while they freeze, a collapsible funnel, and a small brush to clean out all the nooks and crannies.
After I washed them, I pulled out the blender and whipped up strawberry banana breakfast popsicles (if they are going to demand popsicles in the morning, might as well make them healthy, right?). I keep over ripe bananas sliced in the freezer in ziploc bags for morning smoothies and protein shakes, as well as whatever berries are in season. I buy them on sale, and freeze them before they go bad. It’s a great way to keep fruit on hand!
Strawberry Banana Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or use whatever you have onhand, it doesn’t have to be Greek)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- 1/4 milk
- Set up molds in stand.
- Blend all of the ingredients together, until smooth.
- Pour mixutre into mold, leaving about a 1/2 inch at the top.
- Snap lids/sticks on, stash in freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from stand and run molds under warm water to loosen. Pop popsicles out of molds, and enjoy!
I also like making instant pudding (adding in frozen bananas or raspberries) and pouring that into popsicle molds too. That is a sweet and satisfying dessert!
I like that the stick and drip tray are attached and I’m not finding mystery popsicle sticks all over the house. The entire set is very sturdy and I know we’ll be using it for years to come.