This salad is a favorite at our house. Because of it’s simplicity, it’s great to take to potlucks too! It would be a great addition to any holiday feast table. It’s Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo compatible! No excuses- Give it a shot!
Marinated Salad (serves 4)
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Mural of Flavor
- 1 t. granulated garlic
- 1 t. granulated onion
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced into coins
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced (your choice of variety)
- Mix the vinegar, oil, and spices in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place the veggies in a large bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the dressing mixture over the veggies and toss lightly to coat. Cover bowl (I use a bowl like this one) and store in the fridge for 4-12 hours before serving- this allows the flavors to mingle. The salad can be stored for up to 4 days.
Sliced fresh mushrooms are also great additions to the salad, as are drained, rinsed canned artichoke hearts. If you aren’t concerned about it being vegan, adding 1/2 cup of cubed Monterey Jack cheese is tasty too!