I made this soup tonight and it was sooo good. This would be great for meatless Monday (if you do that at your house), or save this recipe for Lent (if you give up meat for Lent). I served it Mexican Cesar Salad.
It’s tasty, quick, and easy. It took about 5 minutes to put together, and I let it simmer on low for 45 minutes.
Black Bean Veggie Soup
- 1 can Campbell’s Black Bean Cumin & Cilantro Condensed Soup
- 11 oz (1 can) of water
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag of Birds Eye Recipe Ready Southwest Blend
- 1 packet Taco seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a stock pot
- Cook on medium/low for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Top with shredded cheese. It’s also really good with hot sauce and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with Mexican Cesar Salad (Recipe below) and warmed tortillas.
Makes about 6 servings.
The best part is that this meal was less than $1.00/serving! The can of Campbell’s Soup was .49, the tomatoes and black beans were .79/each, and the Frozen veggies were $1.00. I had taco seasoning in the cupboard (It was freebie from a few months ago). All of these ingredients can be purchased at your local 99 Cents Only (That’s where I got them!).
Here what I serve this incredibly filling soup along side:
Mexican Cesar Salad
- 6-8 cups of your favorite lettuce/lettuce blend (romaine and bibb is great!)
- 2 tomatoes cubed/sliced
- ½ cup purple onion, cut into rings
- ¼ c ranch dressing
- ½ c your favorite salsa
- Combine the salsa and ranch together, chill in fridge 6-8 hours before servings. This allows the flavors to blend.
- Toss the veggies in a chilled salad bowl with the dressing.
- Top with ¼ c crushed corn chips/tortilla chips for some added crunch!
Serve topped with grilled chicken breasts for an entree or without meat as a side dish. Serves 3 as an entree, serves 6 as a side dish.