This is my vegetarian version of the Zuppa Tuscana Recipe found here. This recipe is vegetarian, but not vegan.
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 potatoes, cleaned, peeled, and chopped
- 4 cups kale, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery, cook on medium/low until onions are soft and clear.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, broth, bay leaves, and potatoes.
- Cook on medium low for 45 minutes to an hour, or until potatoes are soft.
- Add Milk, Kale and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for about 10 minutes, until Kale is cooked, but not soggy.
Serve with breadsticks or cheese toast. This soup makes great leftovers and tastes even better the next day!