I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for a couple weeks, but with summer vacation and the kids needing to see me, talk to me, touch me every.moment.of.the.day….. I’ve been a little behind.
This is so easy, so tasty, and so cheesy. And it works with almost every dietary restriction:
If you are vegetarian but omit the chicken.
If you are Gluten-free, substitute GF pasta for what’s the recipe.
If you are vegan, use your favorite vegan “cheese”. And remember to check the pesto- sometimes commercially made pesto contains cheese!
Pesto Chicken Bake
- 1 Cup Pesto (I Like Costco’s Pesto) If you want to make it yourself, I like this recipe.
- 1 Box Farfalle Pasta. I like Banza– It’s made with chickpea flour and is high in protein.
- 1 T. Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 C. chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces. You can also use rotisserie chicken.
- 2 c. cheese, divided- I like Italian Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with spray release and set aside.
- Cook pasta per box directions, drain pasta and toss with butter/oil.
- Mix Pesto, pasta, cooked chicken and 1 cup of cheese together.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbly and browned (approximately 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving with crusty bread and a green salad.
Serves 6-8 as a main dish or 8-10 as a side. This is a great dish for potlucks!