This is a great old Boy Scout/backpacking recipe. We eat it when we go camping, cooked in a dutch oven. You can cook it at home in a baking dish in the oven if you aren’t out cooking in a field.
- 1 bag O’Brien Potatoes, approx 28 ounces- defrosted
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean) cooked, crumbled and patted to absorb the excess oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour Cream and Salsa (for a topping)
- Mix the sausage, 1 cup of the cheese, and potatoes in a bowl
- Pour sausage/egg/cheese mixture into a 9×11 baking dish
- Scramble eggs and milk and pour over sausage/egg/cheese mixture
- Top the dish with the remaining 1 c. cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-35 minutes until the eggs have set and the dish is brown, bubbly and delicious.
- Serve with Sour Cream and Salsa.
- Serves 8-10 at home 4-6 when camping (fresh air makes you hungry).
If you have any leftovers, it’s great in a warmed tortilla the next morning as a burrito! I’ve also been informed that this is really good with avocado slices on top.
Modifications for special dietary concerns:
- You can make this vegetarian by using soy sausage crumbles.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
- This recipe cannot be made vegan.
September 9th is coming. For most of us, that’s not a big deal, but for 99 Cents Only, it’s HUGE!
Every year they celebrate 9/9 day with a week of great deals! Starting on Monday, September 9th, 99 Cents Only has awesome deals each day for nine days- In addition to their daily deals and bargains.
- Monday 9/9* Only 6ft Stuffed Bear $19.99 (limit 1 per household) and 3 lbs. of Chaquita Bananas for .99!
- Tuesday 9/10* Only Assorted Name Brand Skin & Hair Care 12 – 24 oz (limit 4 per household) for .99 each!
- Wednesday 9/11* Only 18 Count Large Grade AA Eggs (limit 2 per household) for .99 each!
- Thursday 9/12* Only 24 Pack Niagara Water (limit 4 cases per household) for $1.99 each!
- Friday 9/13* Only Tide Simply Clean & Fresh 100 fl oz liq. (limit 1 per household) $2.99! This is a great deal- It’s usually about $5-6/bottle at Wal-mart/Target
- Saturday 9/14* Only Light Up Razor Scooter (limit 1 per household) $4.99 each, and 3 pairs of flip flops .99!
- Sunday 9/15* Only Assorted Premium Pet Beds up to 22 x 24 inches (limit 1 per household) $2.99
- Monday 9/16* Only Pikmi Pops Surprise! (limit 2 per household).99 each
- Tuesday 9/17* Only Bathrobes, Throw Blankets (limit 4 per household) .99 each
Some of these deals would be great for stocking stuffers or little surprises. I won’t be there every day, but I’ll definately be there a couple times to stock up on Tuesday 9/10/19 and 9/11/19!
Talk Back: What deals are you excited for?
Checkout 51 is a savings program that’s so easy to use, and no Smartphone is needed! It’s an app on your iPhone or Android phone, or you use your computer. Just purchased specific products (and these products change each Thursday, so make sure you check out the app/website before heading out to shop), scan and upload your receipts weekly. Checkout 51 is NOT store specific!
I’ve been using it for years, and I love that I’m able to save money when I shop at Grocery Outlet and 99 Cents Only- Two of my favorite stores that don’t accept coupons.
I also like that they frequently have bonuses- right now when you buy any 4 Colgate or Tom’s products, you’ll earn $5 Cash Back. And this is in addition to the individual rebates for Colgate & Tom’s product that are available!
Right now, Checkout 51 has an awesome referral bonus!
Invite a friend to join Checkout 51 and earn $10* once they become a saver.
Offers on Checkout 51 change weekly, so I recommend that you download and start saving!
*Disclosure* Most of those links are my personal links, so if you sign up I earn a few cents. When you sign up, you can share your links too and earn a little bit of green!