Halloween is just TWO WEEKS AWAY!! Are you ready? Thankfully I only have a few last-minute tweaks to make to the big kids’ Knight Costume, and Little Miss’s Elsa dress is store-bought (much to my chagrin).
Trick or treating door to door isn’t really popular in our area, but a lot of churches and civic groups host carnivals or events either on Halloween or on the weekends leading up to it, so there is no shortage of fun for the kids. If you are in San Diego County, here are just a few fun events that we’ve enjoyed in the past:
- HauntFest in El Cajon
- Trick-or-Treat on India Street (Little Italy)
- Trunk or Treat at Newbreak Church Scripps Ranch
- Trunk or Treat at Newbreak Tierrasanta
- Trunk or Treat at Faith Presbyterian Church
Fall Fest + Trunk or Treat (Mira Mesa)
- The Spooktacular Halloween Bash (Parkway Plaza)
- Trick or Treat at Grossmont Center
- Trunk or Treat a Foothills Family Festival!
- Harvest Festival- Victory Baptist Church
Don’t Forget HalGLOween at the San Diego Zoo! And most YMCA locations host a Halloween event that has a small fee, but has lots of fun games, crafts, and candy.
Talk Back: If you know of a free, fun Halloween or harvest event for kids in San Diego County, please leave a comment.