Did you know that 10/17/19 is National Pasta Day?
I didn’t. There aren’t tons of freebies. Like… None.
Olive Garden has some sort of shenanigans going on via Twitter, but ain’t nobody got time for that. IF you sign up for their email club, you can get a free app or dessert.
For those of us who don’t have time to chase deals, and want to eat a bowl of plain ‘skettis at home, here are some yummy pasta recipes to try:
The kids have requested Mac and Cheese for dinner- so we’re celebrating!
This recipe is super easy, you can add meat (like in the picture) if you like, or keep it meat-free and add some extra vegetables.
I try to have the ingredients for this soup on-hand. It’s quick and perfect for when you want a hearty bowl of soup in a hurry.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 c. each: chopped carrots, celery
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 14.5 ounces (or so) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1-quart vegetable stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 T. Mural of Flavor
- 1 9oz. package of Ravioli (I Like 4 cheese)
- 1/2 c. good quality parmesan cheese, divided
- In a stockpot, heat olive oil and saute all of the veggies for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium/low, add tomatoes, tomato paste, and veggie stock.
- Simmer on medium/low for 20-30 minutes.
- Add ravioli and cook 8-10 minutes, until ravioli are cooked.
- Ladle into 4 bowls, top with cheese and serve with a green salad.
It’s that easy!
- Add 1/2 lb. of protein- your choice. I like cooked, crumbled Italian sausage. Meatballs or Italian sausage sliced into rounds work great too. Add into the soup after step 2.
- Use ravioli with meat if you prefer.
- Use Gluten-free ravioli if you need to.
- If you want more veggies in your soup, add 3-4 cups of fresh spinach when you add in the ravioli.
Target is at it again! First Target RedCard (learn about it here as well as my other tips for saving at Target), and now Target Circle!
How it works: When you check in with Target Circle™ and pay with RedCard™, you’ll earn one vote to help direct where Target gives for every eligible purchase and continue to save 5% right away. Plus, you’ll redeem your saved offers if you check-in before your purchase.
Not using your RedCard? When you check in with Target Circle™ you’ll earn 1% to redeem at Target later instead of saving 5% right away.
It works online and the Target App too!
In addition to saving, you’ll earn a birthday surprise, and special deals and offers tailored to you and your previous purchases. All the details can be found here.