This recipe is dead simple. Make it as complicated as you want. Use jarred sauce, make your own from scratch, or take a jar of sauce and church it up yourself. Whatever.
Frozen pasta, fresh pasta, heck, you can even use the shell stable/dried tortellini. You could use ravioli if you wanted.
You can make this Vegetarian, Vegan, Chock Full o’ Meat, Gluten-Free, it’s up to you.
This is one of those recipes that’s a big hit at potlucks too. It’s pretty inexpensive, and we always have the ingredients in one form or another to make a batch.
- 6-8 cups of Red Pasta Sauce. I usually make a big batch of this sauce and portion some out just for this recipe. If you use jarred sauce, I recommend you add 3-4 cups of veggies (carrots, onions, celery, bell peppers, zucchini, chopped/diced tomatoes, etc.)
- 22-30 ounces of Tortellini/Ravioli, cooked per the package directions (this will probably take a couple packages)
- 2 Cups Italian Cheese blend
- Cook the pasta per the package directions. Drain.
- Pour pasta sauce into a baking dish (I use a 9×13), toss cooked pasta in sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-ish minutes until food is bubbly, and cheese is brown and delicious looking.
- Serve with hot French Bread or Garlic Bread and a green salad.
This serves 8-10 people as a main.
If you are vegan, substitute in filled pasta and cheese that works for you.