This recipe is super simple, and I’ve included some steps to shave off more time to get the soup in your belly faster!
Butternut Squash Bisque
- 1 T. Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Large onion, diced
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed (You can save time by buying it in the frozen foods section)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Quart Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Hazelnut Milk
- 1t. Rubbed Sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, heat oil. Add onions, and cook for 5-10 minutes, until clear and fragrant.
- Add squash and carrot. Cook approx 10 minutes until softened.
- Add vegetable stock, and simmer until veggies are tender/soft.
- Remove from heat, add hazelnut milk.
- Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve this luscious, velvety soup with hot, crusty bread and a crisp green salad. It freezes well, in case of leftovers.