A bunch of you saw my unboxing pics on Instagram yesterday of my Yasukochi Family Farms CSA box, and the incredible large bouquet of flowers.
The box was bursting! I’m so excited. Here is what we received in our box:
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Sweet Potatoes/Yams
- Fuji Apples
- Navel oranges
- Brussel Sprouts
- Slicing Cucumbers
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Salad Mix
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Baby Bok Choy
- Mountain Meadow Mushrooms
- Russet Potatoes
And the incredible Large Bouquet of Flowers! I divided the bouquet into two vases, and they are in Little Bit’s Room and on the mantle. There are a variety of add-ons berries, honey, eggs, jams, etc available each week.
Each Monday in March, we’ll be receiving a CSA box from Yasukochi Family Farms full of locally grown and sourced produce. I love Yasukochi Farms because everything in the box is all grown using organic farming methods while possible and using local, responsible and sustainable farming. The other thing that is incredible is the convenience of having these farm-fresh items delivered straight to your doorstep (with no additional delivery fee). It saves me a trip to the store where all the produce has been transported, touched, and picked over. My CSA Box is packed just for me!
No matter if you have a small or large household, Yasukochi Family Farms has you hooked up! There are two box sizes: Regular (feeds 1-3 people), or Jumbo (feeds 4-6 people).
If you don’t live in the delivery area, you can check out Yasukochi Family Farms at many of the local Farmers Markets in Southern California. A complete list can be seen here.
What am I making with all of these tasty veggies:
- Last night we had roasted asparagus.
- I made up a big salad for the week with the spring mix, tomatoes, carrots, celery, and bell pepper.
- I also chopped up the bok choy, celery, carrots, snap peas, and onion and made a stir fry kit to have later in the week for lunch (with rice and Thai stir fry sauce)
- I made a Marinated Salad
- Tomorrow I’ll make a big fruit salad for a few upcoming meals
- I’m planning on making a big baking sheet of roasted veggies for lunch- I’ll be posting pics on Instagram!
The strawberries got gobbled up last night at dinner.
I’ll be posting more pictures on Instagram and Facebook throughout the month will kinds of recipes and ideas. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!
For more information on Yasukochi Family FarmYasukochi Family Farms, check out their website, Instagram, or Facebook.