I love tabouli (tabouleh)- It’s easy to make, and it keeps in the fridge for up to a week (if it lasts that long). It’s a delicious, easy summer salad.
This is my spin on traditional tabouli- I use Right Rice in place of bulgar wheat, but you can use whatever grain you like. Couscous, quinoa, or Israeli couscous are all great choices. My kids don’t like bulgar wheat.
This week in our Yasukochi Family Farms CSA box we received: Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, lemon, and parsley.
- 2 cups grains of your choice, cooked as directed ( I use garlic herb or original Right Rice)
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups cucumbers, diced (I used larger English cucumbers, but you can use the small Persian cukes and slice them into “coins”)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, diced
- 1.5 cups parsley, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped finely (I like yellow or red)
- 1/4 cup your favorite oil (olive or avocado are my favs)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- Cook your grains per the package direction, and set them aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all veggies and toss with oil and lemon juice mixture.
- Fold in the cooled grains.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours minimum before serving.
- Season with additional kosher salt, and black pepper to taste as needed.
This salad goes great with hummus, pita, and grilled protein. I’ll have an awesome hummus recipe up in a few days!
This recipe is naturally vegan. If you use Quinoa or Right Rice, it is gluten-free as well.
I posted about Cartoonito earlier in the week. Look what popped into my email last night!
Sunday, September 19 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Join Cartoonito at The Children’s Discovery Museum for a FREE pop-up event with Cartoon Network’s brand-new preschool-age programming, Cartoonito!
Gather your little ones and get ready for a day filled with creativity, laughter, learning, and fun! Throughout the event, you’ll enjoy:
- Customizable backpacks,
- Free school supplies,
- An ice cream truck,
- Arts and crafts activities,
- Previews of Cartoonito programming,
- And more!
Availability is limited. Save your spot today!
And if you aren’t in San Diego, this tour will be all over the US in coming weekends!
Q-insights is another company that I do research groups, focus groups, and online surveys to earn extra money.
They have a lot of stuff in South Orange County, and less often San Diego County. These days they are doing most of their studies online via chat or online surveys.
This is different than a lot of the Surveys I post about. Instead of a 1-time survey, Q-Insights is recruiting for looking for males and females ages 18-49 to participate in an online community regarding fast-casual and quick-service restaurants.
In the community, you’ll have an exclusive opportunity to get your voice heard and help shape the future of Quick Service Restaurants. There will be regular forum discussions in the community to get involved in a wide range of topics for the next 12 months. These
activities can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes of your time each week.
There will be weekly discussions on a wide range of topics, as well as a variety of ‘special projects’ such as regular quick surveys, polls, and Skype interviews. The special projects will be a bit more involved and will help us get to know you and understand your views whereas the
polls and surveys will be really quick, easy, and won’t take up much of your time. All the projects will be interesting and hopefully a lot of fun for you to get involved with!
As a thank you for participating in activities, you’ll earn Tango gift cards for the activities you complete. These gift cards will range in value between $5 and $100, and you’ll receive these about a week after completing each activity.
To apply to participate, please complete the pre-screener here.