Sample Tuesday is Coming 10/19/2021- Mark your calendars, set an alarm on your phone!
Don’t have any idea what I am talking about? PinchMe! Join PINCHme and receive free samples that you can provide feedback on.
PinchMe is awesome! Once you are signed up, they will email you reminders when new samples are about to drop, and remind you when it’s time to leave feedback.
Answer a series of questions about your household and shopping habits in the Member Profile. PinchMe learns what you like and offer samples just for you.
Once you’ve had a chance to try the samples, complete a short feedback survey to tell PinchMe what you think of the samples.
I get PinchMe samples every month. Here is what arrived at the end of June for the June 2021 boxes. The One Bar was really good.
What are you waiting for? Sign up here and get on the free sample bandwagon! I’ve gotten all kinds of awesome sample/trial size items, as well as full-sized items to try out from PinchMe!
It’s not a surprise. And I can’t believe I’ve never posted this recipe before. My grandma invented it one summer, driving across the country in a Winnebago full of kids, my grandfather cruising the highways and byways of America.
It’s similar to Frito Pie, but it’s a little beefier. Ya know, when you have seven growing kids, you gotta add a bit more.
My friend Kara asked for the recipe yesterday, and I thought I’d share it.
- 1 pound ground beef (you could use ground turkey, but honestly this recipe is not anywhere near healthy)
- One can of Hormel chili with beans (It has to have beans)
- One bag Fritos
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- one canned sliced black olives, rinsed and drained
- Two tomatoes diced
- One avocado, pitted and sliced
- sour cream
I like cooking Fritos Surprise in an electric skillet, but you can cook it on the stovetop in a regular skillet.
- Crumble and fry the ground meat (drain as needed).
- Add the chili and cook until heated through.
- Top with Fritos and cheese.
- Cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and avocados.
- Dish out portions and top with sour cream and salsa as desired.
It serves about 6-9, depending on how much you eat. And it’s really good. In true grandma fashion, serve it with fruit salad and bread and butter.