You may find it hard to believe, but tax season is in full swing! I’ve got a couple ways for you to save money on filing your taxes, and some tips to make it a little easier.
I already prepared and filed our taxes using Turbo Tax online. It’s quick and they walk you through everything. Because of our tax situation, we are unable to do our taxes for free, so for my family, TurboTax is the best/easiest solution. If you want to try Turbo Tax out, here is a link where you can receive up to 20% off any paid online federal product!
If you make $72,000 or less, check out the IRS Free File.
If you aren’t sure what you need to file your taxes, here are just a few pieces of paperwork you may need (depending on your tax situation):
- W-2’s- one from each of your jobs
- 1099’s: if you are an independent contractor
- DMV paperwork (if you don’t have this, then the VIN and license plate # from your car, and go here– CA only, I’m sure other states may have something similar).
- Receipts for any tax-deductible donations
- Receipts for any medical expenses (co-pays, prescriptions)
- Paperwork from your Mortgage Company regarding your interest paid
- Paperwork regarding your property taxes paid
- Dependents Social Security Numbers
- IRA Year-End Statements
- Interest Statements from banks
I start a folder (like this one) each year and I put all of the paperwork in it as it comes into the house. Then, after we do our taxes, I print a copy out, pull out all of our supporting documents, put them into a manilla envelope, write the year on the front, seal it, and stash it with our other past years’ taxes. We keep 10 years’ worth of tax records, just in case.
Talk Back: Have you done your taxes yet?
I love sharing this deal. We’ve been members of The Disney Movie Club for a decade (at least).
We always select the DVD + Bluray +Digital download sets. That way we can share the movie with friends or family, and the downloaded movies are available on household devices (perfect for when we travel and there is no wifi).
- Get Started With 4 Movies For $1.00 Each And Start Building Your Disney Dream Collection.
- About every 4 weeks we’ll notify you of the new Featured Title. If you want the Featured Title, do nothing – it will be sent to you automatically. If you want a different movie or nothing at all, simply let us know within 10 days.
- Cancel Anytime After Buying Any 4 Movies At Regular Price within 2 years. Starting at $19.95
Oh, and this deal gets better- Each movie you select comes with a Disney Movie Insiders Points Code- Earn Points and redeem them for Disney-related gifts, DVDs, gift cards, and more. I try to post free codes weekly when I find them online.
We’ve been participating in Tryazon events for three+ years. We’ve gotten to try all sorts of fun toys, games, and food. You can learn more about Tryazon here.
Improve your iron levels naturally with this Tryazon Featured Party opportunity. The Lucky Iron Fish® is a simple, reusable, and effective cooking tool that adds extra iron to your daily foods or drinks. Iron is the nutrient that helps blood move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body, and it helps muscles store & use oxygen. Without adequate iron, you may feel fatigued, prone to illness, dizzy, and more. Lucky Iron Fish is easy to use, and just ten minutes is all that is needed to get a significant portion of your daily recommended iron.
Tryazon has a total of 100 hosting spots open for this opportunity! Those selected get to receive a party pack with a selection of Lucky Iron Fish products, to sample and share with friends and family! Learn more and apply here: https://www.tryazon.com/lucky-iron-fish-spring-cooking-party/