I just learned about Star Wars Epic Adventures yesterday, and I signed the kids up right away. My kids LOVE Star Wars!
When you subscribe to the Star Wars Epic Adventures for $9.99 (first month only) and receive full-color 96-page storybook, which are not available in retail stores and are exclusive to subscribers.
- Each monthly package includes a full-color 96-page storybook, a set of 12 collectible cards, one activity book with stickers plus a large vinyl sticker, and an additional premium bonus item such as a poster or T-shirt.
- Twelve collectible cards that provide an in-depth look at scenes from the films. The cards in the initial “Phantom Menace” package give youngsters a detailed overview of the famous podracing scene from the movie. Each set of cards comes in a unique collector’s case that combine to create a classic “Star Wars” scene when all of the sets are collected
- A full-color activity book with stickers. Each book takes a deeper dive into the characters of the “Star Wars” universe, starting with a book titled “Jedi vs. Sith.”
- One additional bonus gift. The first month’s package includes a four-foot poster covering the “Star Wars” adventure timeline. Large-size vinyl stickers that come with each shipment can be used with the poster to track the reader’s progress through the saga. Future gifts include premium items such as T-shirts for both adult and child, and a storage case for the collectible card sets.
Future shipments are just $19.98 + $3.99 Shipping and handling, and you can cancel any time, for whatever reason!
On June 22 from 10am-1pm, the Special Needs Resource Foundation of San Diego and San Diego Family will be holding an All-Inclusive Read 3×3 Literacy Event: 3 Authors, 3 Hours, 3 Times the Fun at the San Diego Central Library.
San Diego Family Magazine is partnering with the San Diego Central Library @ Joan & Irwin Jacobs Common, Binford I CAN, Too! Center to promote literacy in kids from 0-10, put a free book in the hands of every child, teach empathy and compassion through stories and promote summer reading.
Every child that attends will receive a free book (while supplies last) donated by San Diego Family Magazine. We will have 3 authors (Salina Yoon, Sally J. Pla and Andrea Zimmerman) each read two of their books, followed by a craft for the kids.
The San Diego Central Library houses the Binford I CAN, Too! Center serving children with accessibility needs and their caregivers. The Binford I CAN, Too! Center offers access to technology, allowing patrons access to the following:
- ZoomText: computer screen magnifier
- JAWS: computer screen reader for the visually impaired, Read & Write Literacy: speech-to-text software, SARA Reader: converts text from printed to spoken
- Optelec ClearView: 22” magnifier, High-definition keyboards, Adjustable height tables and Assistive Mouse/Ball Tracking.
In addition to the technology and equipment, the Center also provides periodic programming for and about children with special needs. These programs provide children with the opportunities to socialize, learn and have fun. Additional resources include large print and braille books, Sensory Integration Kits for children on the autism spectrum, and parent resource materials.
I’m excited to take the kids to this event and check out the Binford I CAN, Too! Center this summer.