I received this from one of the specialists at my kids’ school and thought I’d share. There are so many great events and opportunities coming up for families with special needs kiddos here in San Diego!
- UCSD is hosting a free virtual Autism Resource Webinar. This Webinar will cover sleep disturbances in Autism and strategies that may help! Zoom webinar will be held on March10th from 4:00-4:30.
- FREE accessibility mornings at the New Children’s Museum. Museum will open an hour early to provide a sensory-friendly experience in a quieter setting. March 12th from 8-9 am. You are welcome to stay for the day as well!
- San Diego Padres Behind the Scenes Event. Padres is partnering with the Autism Society of San Diego, on March 13th from 11am-2pm. Families will get a guided tour through the ballpark!
- RACE FOR AUTISM 5K! celebrate autism awareness with either a 5k or a 1-mile family fun walk throughout balboa park. April 2nd, 5k begins at 7:25 and then 1 mile run at 8:30. register at raceforautism.org.
- Autism Accessibility Mornings at the Fleet Museum. Families will benefit from a low sensory experience and can enjoy the exhibit galleries in a quieter setting and a special IMAX film screening (lights on and lower volume. Free ticket for one guest and one chaperone. March 19th from 9:00-10:00, Imax film at 10:00.
- San Diego Seals Stair Climb. San Diego Seals, professional lacrosse team, is raising awareness for Down Syndrome on March 19th! Stair climb begins at 3pm, dinner is at 5pm and the game begins at 7pm at the Sports Arena.