This is one of my favorite hot drinks when I am not feeling well. Fever, sore throat, generally feeling run down, this drink is where it’s at.
But… I’m cheap and it’s not always convenient to hit up the ‘Bux. So I did a little research and found a frugal way to make this drink at home. I usually get my tea at Target or Walmart.
I use lemon juice in place of steamed lemonade for two reasons: Less sugar, and I like to use lemon juice (I prefer freshly squeezed but I’ll use True Lemon in a pinch).
I make 32 ounces at a time. that’s about two servings, perfect for when you don’t feel well.
- 32 ounces boiling water (that’s 4 cups)
- 2 Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea Bags
- 2 Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea Bags
- 1/4c. Honey (I prefer local raw honey)
- 5T. lemon juice, or 5 packets True Lemon
- In a large, heatproof container (I use a teapot), combine water, honey, and lemon, stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add tea bags and allow to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and serve.
Makes two generous servings. Feel free to add more honey if you prefer your tea sweeter, or less lemon.