I learned about Zarty on Reddit last week. I downloaded the app, and had to try it for myself. Last night I went to Walmart and decided to give it a shot.
There are three parts to earning cashback with Zarty.
- First, scan the product in-store before you buy it.
- Then scan the receipt after purchase, and answer a few questions.
- Finally, a few days later, answer some additional questions about your experience with the product.
Some products have a 100% cashback rebate in the form of points. This week, it’s frozen veggies and crescent rolls. There was a Snickers bar too, but I missed out on that by a few hours.
What I like about Zarty is that it’s super easy to use. Once you earn 10,000 points you can cash out for a $10 Walmart Gift Card.
That’s it. It’s simple, it’s easy, and you can use it with other cash back apps. You earn points every time you scan in a Walmart receipt too, even if you don’t have any offers on your receipt.
We don’t have a great Walmart in our city. It’s not a supercenter or neighborhood market, so they don’t have a lot of groceries, but if you live in an area with either of those and you shop there, this app may be a really great way for you to earn even more cashback.
There is no referral link or code to download this app. Just go to the app store or Google Play store and download the Zarty app to get started!
I posted about this deal before and I know a lot of you took advantage of it, and it’s BAAACK!
For every ten Knudsen Cottage Doubles you buy between today and next Tuesday, June 1, She Speaks will give you $25 (up to $100 dollars)! Just send them your receipts by Wednesday, June 2.
It’s bonus money on top of bonus money!
Aren’t you heading to Walmart to buy Memorial Day supplies this week? Just pick up Knudsen Cottage Doubles (in whatever flavors you choose) while you are there.
How the Program Works:
- Shop for it: Head to one of the Walmart stores on this list and buy Knudsen Cottage Doubles. Purchase 10 Knudsen Cottage Doubles to receive $25 reimbursement (cost is approx. $10 total)
Purchase 20 to receive $50
Purchase 30 to receive $75
Purchase 40 to receive $100
- NEW! Email or Upload Your Walmart Receipts: You can now email a photo of your full Walmart receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.Or upload the photo HERE. Make sure to send it by Wednesday, June 2 to receive your bonus money. SheSpeaks will reimburse you within two weeks via PayPal or a Walmart e-gift card (your choice).
- Enjoy the products you purchased!
For more information, including FAQ and specific product details, visit the program toolkit here.
If you or your family like cottage cheese and have a Walmart nearby, check out this cool cashback deal from SheSpeaks and Walmart!
I did this Knudsen Cottage Doubles offer last week, and it’s super easy!
Now this offer isn’t available at every Walmart, so before you get excited, check this list to see your local location is participating.
To get started, click here to enroll in the program. It’s free, easy, and takes just a few minutes.
How the Program Works:
1. Shop for it: Head to one of the Walmart stores on this list and buy Knudsen Cottage Doubles.
- Purchase 10 Knudsen Cottage Doubles to receive $20 reimbursement (cost is approx. $10 total) OR
- Purchase 5 Knudsen Cottage Doubles to receive $10 reimbursement (cost is approx. $5 total).
2. Upload Your Walmart Receipt: Upload a photo of your full Walmart receipt HERE within three days after you purchase the products. SheSpeaks will reimburse you within two weeks via PayPal or a Walmart e-gift card (your choice).
3. Enjoy the products you purchased!
4. BONUS! Share about the products on your social channels using the hashtags #SnackWithKnudsen and #ad.
SheSpeaks has a Snack Food Shopping Program! To participate, you’ll purchase a specific snack food at an approved Walmart store. The item will cost approximately $5. You’ll be reimbursed $10 for your purchase within two weeks of you submitting your receipt!
To qualify for this program, you will need to be able to shop at a Walmart store on this list. (Due to limited availability, this product is only available at certain stores in AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, TX, UT, WA, WY.)
To get started, click here.
Until the end of the year, I’ll be posting some articles with realistic tips and methods to save money and reign in spending. None of these are going to the same old “Clip coupons, grow your own garden, etc.” that’s all over the internet- and honestly, here in Southern California, the old, standby advice isn’t going to help you. Grow a garden to save money? Water is so expensive here!
Clipping coupons and shopping grocery store sales/circulars will save you a fraction of the amount that it used to. In years past, I was saving 60-80% with coupons and store sales. Now, I’m lucky to save 50%. With all of the restrictions on coupons (example: limit one like coupon per day- LAME), stockpiling to save money isn’t always possible without a lot of work/trips to different stores (and that’s not saving time). We’re moving past that, and delving into other ways to save money and take advantage of opportunities that are out there.
Today we are going to start with my pet project: Saving in the kitchen! If you feel like you’re spending too much money on food and groceries, here are my recommendations for getting the grocery spending under control:
- Go through your refrigerator/freezer and pantry. Make a note of the food that you have on hand. I like using the kitchen inventories here. This will also give you an opportunity to clean out food from the kitchen that has expired or that you won’t eat. Unexpired food that you won’t eat, can be donated to a local charity.
- Now that you have a handle on what you have in your kitchen, take a look at the list and come up with some recipes or meals that can be created with what you have on hand. You’d be surprised by how many meals you have in your kitchen! Make a list of the meals that you can make with what you have. And plan on having one or two of those per week. This will help keep grocery spending down. Make a list of meals that you can make but require one or two ingredients (like fresh vegetables), and add those ingredients to your next few shopping lists. By relying on what you already have in your home, you will be keeping your out of pocket down.
- Before you head to the store, take a look at the sale flyer which is available online, and see what is on sale. Plan meals around food that is in season and on sale. Continue to use coupons, but don’t go out of your way to subscribe to multiple newspapers per week to get a hold of lots of the same coupons. Don’t forget rebate apps! Use of these apps gets us $10-$20/month cashback, sometimes double that, depending on what bonus offers are available- Fetch Rewards and Ibotta often have Bonus offers.
- Track your spending over a few weeks to see how much you are spending, and what you are buying. If you still find that you’re spending a lot of money on food, I would try shopping at a different store. I find that even with club card sales, and rebate apps like Fetch Rewards, some grocery stores (like Vons) are just too expensive to do my weekly shopping. I love starting my shopping at $.99 only. I am able to get a lot of snacks, name-brand treats, and fresh fruits and veggies there, and I am still able to stay on budget. Another fun place where I save money is Grocery Outlet. They have great prices on cheese, fruit juice, coffee, and frozen meat. They also have an interesting selection that changes weekly: snack food, protein bars/cookies, and cereal. If you are in the military, a military family, or a veteran, consider shopping at the commissary. Here is my article about saving money at the commissary.
- Consider cooking more from scratch. It is healthier, and pantry stables are generally pretty cheap (the ingredients for a batch of chocolate chip cookies runs about $3.00 and yields 4-5 dozen cookies, while a package of chocolate chip cookies from the grocery store is about $4.00+ and is usually 3 dozen or so). I buy fruits and veggies whole and break them down and pack them into serving size bags. You can learn more about that and Batch Cooking here.
If you are still having a hard time keeping your grocery budget in check, or if you are finding that the ends don’t meet, consider the San Diego Food Bank Neighborhood Distribution Program. No documentation is needed to receive food assistance from a
Neighborhood Distribution site where people can receive fresh fruits, vegetables, and bread, based on availability. Families are encouraged to bring reusable bags or
a cart with them to carry the food items.
There are programs out there to help those struggling to feed their families here in San Diego County. Here is my list of San Diego County Food Resources.
I work very hard to keep my family on a budget, I work very hard to make sure that we are saving money and taking advantage of as many deals and opportunities that present themself. I know that this is not something that everyone wants to do or something that everyone can do. There are so many programs and discounts out there available for various groups of individuals.
Tomorrow, we’re tackling saving money on the entertainment budget.
I’ve shared the awesomeness of TopCashBack before, and if you haven’t taken advantage of their awesome deals before, now is a great time!
Visit Walmart through TopCashback, purchase a Crayola 152 Count Ultimate Crayon Collection for $10.99 and then shop as normal. Within fourteen days $10.99 cashback will post in your TopCashback account.
How to get this freebie:
1. Visit the offer here
2. Create your account with an email and password
3. Click on the “Get Offer” button and it’ll take you to Walmart.
4. Add “Crayola 152 Count Ultimate Crayon Collection” to your cart and shop as you would normally then checkout.
5. This is a Free In-Store Pick Up offer.
6. Once you checkout, in about 14 days $10.99 will post in your TopCashback account.
Congrats on your freebie!
* New TopCashback members with no previous purchases or cashback through TopCashback only. Ends September 30th at 23:59 PST!
Free In-Store Pick Up Offer!
How do you get it?
Who qualifies for it?
This offer is available to TopCashback members with no previous purchases or cashback through TopCashback only. However as TopCashback doesn’t limit accounts to one per household, if you’re an existing member now’s the perfect time to tell your husband or wife, mom or dad, roommate, neighbor or anyone else about TopCashback and perhaps they’ll share their freebie with you.
When do you get your money back?
Within 14 days the $10.99 will turn payable in your TopCashback account and you can choose your payout method at that time.
Is there anything else important to know?
Transactions must contain at least one Crayola 152 Count Ultimate Crayon Collection from Walmart priced at $10.99 to ensure $10.99 cashback is credited to TopCashback accounts. If a different item is purchased under $10.99, the cashback amount awarded will be 1% or less (depending on the item(s) purchased) instead of $10.99.
The deal is:
– open until 23:59 PST on Monday, September 30th
– subject to Walmart’s Stock supplies and availability
– applicable for online sales only, for purchases made directly after clicking through TopCashback.com
– TopCashback account is permitted per member