Do you love Cheez-it’s? Do you love movies? Do you have Amazon Prime? If you answered two to at least two of these questions, have I got a deal for you!
Cheeze-It has partnered with Amazon to launch a campaign called Cheez-It Snap’d & Stream, where you can earn a $5 Amazon Prime Video credit and a $5 Cheez-It credit every month for watching 8 hours of select streaming movies. Movie titles change monthly, and each month has a different theme- This month it is back to school!
- Amazon Prime Members can enroll in this program monthly.
- You can save all your credits and combine them together for later use, however, credits need to be used by 1/31/21.
- You will be notified via email once you have earned your monthly credits.
I’m excited because my kids love Cheez-it’s, and I love movies. I’m most excited about Heathers this month. There are 15 movies to choose from, from animated to adult.
More information about the Cheez-It Snap’d & Stream program can be found here.
The kids and I saw My Spy in the theater right before the stay at home order was put in place. It was super cute and both kids (5 & 9) loved it. And now you can watch it at home on Amazon Prime or at a local drive-in theater with your kids!
Drive-In Theater Listing
My Spy follows JJ a hardened CIA operative (Dave Bautista) who has been demoted and finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, named Sophie (Chloe Coleman) where he has been sent undercover begrudgingly to surveil her family. When Sophie discovers hidden cameras in her apartment, she uses her tech-savviness to locate where the surveillance operation is set. In exchange for not blowing JJ’s cover, Sophie convinces him to spend time with her and teach her to be a spy. Despite his reluctance, JJ finds he is no match for Sophie’s disarming charm and wit. The hilarious actioner is directed by Peter Segal from a script penned by Jon and Erich Hoeber and stars Dave Bautista, Chloe Coleman, Kristen Schaal, Parisa Fitz-Henley and Ken Jeong. Producers are Chris Bender, Peter Segal, Jake Weiner, Robert Simonds, Gigi Pritzker, Dave Bautista and Jonathan Meisner.
There were a few times where the violence was a little intense for the kids, but the physical comedy, explosions, and jokes made up for that.
My son loves Kristen Schaal (You may know her as the voice of Mabel from Gravity Falls, and Louise from Bob’s Burgers), so he was hooked after I showed them the preview.
If you are looking for a fun, family-friendly action movie to entertain the kids this summer, check out My Spy
When I announced that today is National Cheese Day, my daughter said, “Really? Can we have cheese for dinner??” And who am I to say no? The kids will be having cheese slices with their dinner tonight, while the grown ups can top their Chicken Chili with shredded cheese, if they so desire.
If you are looking for a way to celebrate National Cheese Day, here are a few of our favorite cheesy recipes:
And if you need some Cheese related television, I recommend Wallace & Gromit. The Complete Collection is FREE to watch on Amazon Prime!
Talk Back: How are you celebrating National Cheese Day??
#8 is a resolution that I thought would be closer to the top of the list: Learn something new!
There are lots of ways that you can learn and grow without breaking the bank!
- Borrow books from the library- most libraries have their card catalogs online, so you can check and see if your local library branch has the book(s) you are looking for before you step foot in the library. AND- some libraries have the ability to hold the books for you until you can get down there (usually 24 hours).
- Can’t find the books in print near you? Check out Google Books. There are tons of free books that you can read online.If you head over to Amazon you’ll find thousands of Free E-books on Amazon in all reader formats.
- Check out community learning opportunities. Grossmont Adult Education has tons of great classes, including some great Mommy and Me style pre-school classes for kids!
- Check YouTube for tutorials or seminars that are of interest to you.
- Harvard (yeah, *THAT HARVARD*) has free, no credit open courses here. Other Colleges including MIT, Yale and Stanford offer free online no credit classes for the public to take/sit in on.
- Check your local museums for free days for locals. San Diego Locals- here is a list of free museum days in Balboa Park.
- Craftsy has a ton of free classes and patterns! Check out this post with just a few of my favorite classes!
- There are tons of free opportunities for kids to learn here. Most public libraries have story time or other free activities and workshops for kids. Check out Red Tricycle’s website for all kinds of free and cheap learning opportunities for your littles!
- Love documentaries? Love to read? If you haven’t tried Amazon Prime yet, there is an awesome promotion right now- sign up and get your first 30 days free. Prime gives you access to more than JUST free shipping. You can stream movies, documentaries, enjoy the free Kindle lending library, and more! Start Your Prime Video 30-Day Free Trial Now!
TOMORROW is Amazon Prime Day– That means Amazon Prime members will find Amazon deals hotter than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more.
And there are all kinds of contests and giveaways! I know I’d love to win $10000 in Amazon GC, how about you?
What’s so special about Amazon Prime? For just $100/year, you have access to the following perks:
- Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items.
- Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video.
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (You don’t have to own a kindle either, any e-reader works! I use my iPad).
- Plus- There are tons of Free Kindle Books available each day!
We def. get our money’s worth with Prime! Between the great TV shows and movies and free shipping, it is a very valuable service for our family!