I recently learned about Shopper Army: A website that offers great rebates on products people actually buy. They also have really cool contests.
You can sign up here. Here are just a few of the rebates they are offering right now:
Free Friendly Farms Organic Lowfat Chocolate Milk
Free Premier Protein Dark Chocolate Mint High Protein Bars
Free Elevation by Millville Protein Powder
Free The Greek Gods Seriously Indulgent Marionberry Yogurt
Free Nature’s Path Dark Chocolate & Red Berries Granola Bars
Free Runik Red Blend Wine
Many of the rebates are for 100% of the cost, but a few are 75% or so. Either way, if these are items you buy or use, this is a great opportunity to stock up and save!
If you like rebates- This is a great website. They have tons of rebates available now!
I know so many people who are either expecting or adopting in the next few months. I thought I’d share some really great deals and freebies, since we all know kids are super expensive!
Looking for a great Baby Shower Gifts? Here are a few free, cool gifts that are actually useful!
Free Walmart Baby Box! Includes samples and coupons
Regardless of any personal beliefs, a fed baby is best. I always recommend having a stash of formula samples and different types of bottles on hand. Thankfully, there area few formula companies that send samples and coupons! Similac and Enfamil are the two that send goodies most often.
When you sign up for a registry at Babies R Us you will get a little welcome kit, and that frequently contains a bottle, samples of toiletries, a few diapers and wipes. I recommend starting a registry online, and then go into the store to check out some of the bigger items like a travel set and furniture. You can add items to your registry in the store.
If you are an Amazon Prime member, check out this free baby box of goodies!
And don’t forget that there are always great printable coupons for much needed baby supplies online!
Here are just a few of the ones available right now:
Looking for more tips on how parents can save money? Check out this post.
It’s summer and my kids would eat popsicles 24/7 if I let them. Most commercial popsicles (or as they are sometimes called, frozen dessert confections) are full of sugar and artificial ick. A few months ago my dad bought me a package of Zipzicles on Amazon. Zipzicles are long, skinny zip top freezer bags that can be filled with whatever you’d like and frozen. Think DIY Otter Pops.
What I really like is that you can be creative, use what you have on hand, and create healthy and fun treats with your kids.
Here are two recipes that the kids and I came up with. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this pictures recently.
Mixed Berry Pops
Makes about 12 pops
- 2 cups mixed berries (use whatever you have, I used 1.5 cups of strawberries and 1/2 cup blackberries)
- 1/2 c water
- 2 t. honey
Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Use a small funnel to fill the zipzicle pouches. Place all Zipzicle pouches into a cup or larger zip top bag and place in freezer. Ready to serve in approx 4-6 hours, or as soon as frozen solid.
Makes about 20
2c frozen bananas
2c frozen Strawberries
1 pkg frozen mangoes
2c Orange Juice
Blend together, pour into Zipzicle pouches ( I use a funnel). Store in freezer until it’s time to consume.
They are so good, and no extra sugar is needed, because the bananas are so sweet.
Next, I think we’ll be making Bachelor Mousse treats. I think it will freeze well, and everyone loves fudgsicles!
For your convenance, Zipzicles can be purchased here (affiliate link), but you can also find them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
What would you put into your Zipzicles?
You know I love a good Gift Card Deal! Right now through March 18, 2017 when you purchase $300 or more in Visa gift cards at Staples you will receive a $20 EZ Rebate. See store for more details, find your local Staples here. What is great about this deal is you can choose different denominations of Visa Gift card to reach the $300.
There are so many great ways to work this deal!
- Use your points or cash back credit card to purchase the gift cards for a double dip! Our American Express Card gives us 5% cash back when we shop at office supply stores.
- Pick up gift cards in smaller amounts ($25) and give to your child’s teacher to help with supplies a few times before the school year ends.
- Great for sending to college students!
- Use the gift cards to stay on budget for gifts and online shopping! Because you can shop in store or online with gift cards, it’s a great way to triple dip (use a cashback online shopping website like ebates or Topcashback to redeem your gift cards. You will earn even more cash back!).
Right now, you can enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card! Stock up on essentials for upcoming spring break, or buy yourself something nice! Click here to enter (the Rafflecopter may not be mobile friendly).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post, thanks to Tatu Digital Media for including me on this awesome offer and giveaway! All opinions are my own!
I am so glad that I’ve been able to grow my social media presence organically, meaning, just by word of mouth. And now I want to thank my followers, however they discovered me!
To celebrate 500+ Instagram followers, I am giving one lucky follower a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Entering is easy!
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Leave a comment on this post with your Instagram handle.
- For a bonus entry, share this blog post. Leave a comment as to how/where you shared it.
You must be an Instagram follower to win (and yes, I will check).
I will choose a winner on 1/31/17. Winner will be notified via Instagram and/or email.
Everyone loves free stuff, right?
There are all kinds of sites on the web that tout tons of free samples and full size products, but once you read the fine print, you discover that you have to sign up for monthly subscription services, pay a crazy shipping/handling free, or some other crazy thing.
Here are some sites that I like that have hooked me up with free samples and free full sized stuff in the past that I recommend.
Sample Sized Products
Pinchme– They put samples out about once a month. Answer a bunch of demographic questions and they’ll email you when they have samples available. In exchange, they ask you questions about how you liked the samples.
MySavings Free Samples– MySavings has a great database of free sample offers that changes daily. I check it at least once a week!
Full Size Products
Tomoson– Tomoson helps brands get their products out into he hands of social media influencers. If you have a large social media following, check out Tomoson! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen some of the amazing stuff I’ve gotten!
Discounts and sometimes free full size stuff– These next website I am signed up with, but I have yet to find anything I am excited about signing up for. They offer deep discounts and sometimes free stuff in exchange for Amazon reviews.
Amazon Review Club
This website has a great list of review sites and how they suss out.
Talk Back: I’d love to hear about how you get free stuff in the mail! Leave me your top tips and favorite freebie websites!
#8 is a resolution that I thought would be closer to the top of the list: Learn something new!
There are lots of ways that you can learn and grow without breaking the bank!
- Borrow books from the library- most libraries have their card catalogs online, so you can check and see if your local library branch has the book(s) you are looking for before you step foot in the library. AND- some libraries have the ability to hold the books for you until you can get down there (usually 24 hours).
- Can’t find the books in print near you? Check out Google Books. There are tons of free books that you can read online.If you head over to Amazon you’ll find thousands of Free E-books on Amazon in all reader formats.
- Check out community learning opportunities. Grossmont Adult Education has tons of great classes, including some great Mommy and Me style pre-school classes for kids!
- Check YouTube for tutorials or seminars that are of interest to you.
- Harvard (yeah, *THAT HARVARD*) has free, no credit open courses here. Other Colleges including MIT, Yale and Stanford offer free online no credit classes for the public to take/sit in on.
- Check your local museums for free days for locals. San Diego Locals- here is a list of free museum days in Balboa Park.
- Craftsy has a ton of free classes and patterns! Check out this post with just a few of my favorite classes!
- There are tons of free opportunities for kids to learn here. Most public libraries have story time or other free activities and workshops for kids. Check out Red Tricycle’s website for all kinds of free and cheap learning opportunities for your littles!
- Love documentaries? Love to read? If you haven’t tried Amazon Prime yet, there is an awesome promotion right now- sign up and get your first 30 days free. Prime gives you access to more than JUST free shipping. You can stream movies, documentaries, enjoy the free Kindle lending library, and more! Start Your Prime Video 30-Day Free Trial Now!