I know, KALE. It’s weird and has that super crunchy stem. It’s really good for you, but it gets a bad rap.
This salad recipe is dead simple and is so good that you will fight over the leftovers (if there are any).
I like making this in the morning and letting it sit in the fridge all day. That gives the ACV in the dressing time to mellow out and all the flavors to mingle.
I like starting with a bag of triple-washed chopped kale, since it’s usually the same price as whole kale, and it saves me time, but you do what works best for your family and budget.
- 1 package triple-washed chopped kale, or 6 cups of kale, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- 1/4 cup Apple Cide Vinegar, with the mother (I like Bragg’s)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite oil, we prefer avocado oil (like this one)
- 1 t. honey or agave
- dash kosher salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1 T. fresh, chopped rosemary, or 2 t. dried rosemary (whichever you have)
- 1/2 c. crumbled herbed feta or goat cheese (your choice)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (you could substitute sliced almonds or almond slivers if you prefer)
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper. set aside.
- In a large salad/mixing bowl, add kale, cheese, almonds, and cranberries. Dizzle over oil/vinegar dressing and toss gently.
- Store in Fridge 4-6 hours minimum before serving.
- This is great as a side dish, or top with a grilled chicken breast or steak for a great main dish.
Serves 6-8 as a side or 3-4 as a main dish.
If you are vegan, substitute honey for agave and use vegan cheese crumbles of your choice.