Summer is lurking… Can you feel it? I got a sunburn over the weekend, so I can definitely feel it.
The kids and I have already started our bucket list- stuff we gotta do while we’re running wild this summer.
So far Henry has requested:
- Checking out the soon to be open re-done Kids slash ground and pool at the Santee YMCA.
- And the splash area at the Tierrasanta Pool.
- Hunt for shells at Silver Strand State Beach.
- Swim everyday (he has said this at least once a day for a week).
- Free Museums at Balboa Park on Tuesdays
- Using our Zoo and Living Coast Discovery Center passes.
- Play with friends at the park and have “Free Picnics” (aka free lunch for kids-As soon the websites are updated, I will post them).
- Lots of crafts- And I’ve got tons for him to do, including shrinky dinks and faux stained glass projects.
- Go to the La Brea Tar Pits.
- Go to Legoland solely to go to the waterpark.
- Family Movie night with the “puffy bed”- Set up the air mattress in the living room and snuggle and watch movies.
- Special events at our local library- They always have fun stuff for kids during the summer.
- Ride the coaster and have lunch.
- Ride the trolley with friends to Seaport Village. Ride the carousel and have ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s.
- Go to the “Kids Movies”- Regal Cinemas has discount second run kids movies all summer a few times a week. They are just $1.00!
I’d love to hear about your summer bucket list and plans!