This recipe is super easy. I used the Brussels Sprouts from my CSA box.
There is no need to use expensive balsamic vinegar or honey, whatever you have on hand is fine. BUT_ Make sure your honey is 100% honey and not honey flavored syrup.
Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts
- Two bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- To prepare the brussels sprouts for roasting, sliced each Brussel sprout in half and discard any loose outer leaves.
- Destem and deseed the bell peppers, dice or cut into long strips.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place a foil-lined baking sheet into the cold oven and allow the pan to heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine brussels sprouts, bell peppers, salt and pepper, and oil. Toss veggies to coat in oil.
- Once the oven and baking sheet has come up to temperature, evenly spread veggies on the hot baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, stir, and roast for up to an additional 10 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, in a small pot combine honey and balsamic vinegar, cook on medium until the mixture reduces by half.
- Once veggies are cooked and removed from the oven toss in honey balsamic glaze. Serve immediately. If you desire, top with a little shaved Parmesan or pecorino.
Serves 4 to 6.
If there are any leftovers, they can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheated as you see fit.