Last week’s meal plan didn’t work out as I had planned. We got busy, stuff came up, and we ran out of eggs mid-week. I didn’t have time to run to the store, so…
We’re starting fresh this week. I did some meal prep yesterday, including some egg-free baking (banana bread and chocolate chip cookies). I hit the store for eggs, milk, and butter this morning. We’re ready to go!
With a reorganized pantry, I’ve got some great meals planned for the week.
And I’ve been getting a lot of really great freebies from Social Nature lately too. It’s fun to try new foods.
I’ve gotten a pretty good inventory of the pantry, freezer, and fridge done (I try to update it after every shopping trip), so I’m able to plan meals and use up what we’ve got with little waste. If you are looking for a kitchen inventory printable, I have made my own and you can find them for sale here on my Etsy Store.
I only post our dinner plans for the week, because our other meals are usually the same each day.
Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 for me, and pancakes or something along those lines for the kids. They are also into fruit and bagels for breakfast. The Ancient Grain bagels from Einstein Bros. are the current family favorite. I pick them up on Mondays when a dozen is only $7. I slice them and freeze them to keep them from going bad too quickly.
Lunch: I have a plastic tote in the cupboard full of self-serve snacks. I buy treats and snacks in bulk and fill up snack-sized zip-top bags. I’m back to packing lunches again. However, school lunches are free this year, but so far, there is nothing on the menu that appeals to the kids.
Dinner: I am planning some great meals this week. I did some batch cooking yesterday, and got the fridge organized.
- Monday: Nuggets, fresh fruit (orange and apple slices are on tap), cheese, and crackers
- Tuesday: Grilled Meatloaf sandwiches (grilled cheese for the kids), fruit, Salad
- Wednesday: Vegetarian Enchilada casserole, salad
- Thursday: Breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, potatoes, grilled veggies, bacon or sausage, salsa), fruit
- Friday: take out (Usually pizza and Chinese food)
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Shakshuka, garlic bread, salad (since we didn’t have it last week)
Please stay safe you guys!