I mentioned in the Weekly Meal Plan post yesterday that it’s going to be a hot one this week. Ugh.
That means lots of time swimming and lots of time at the YMCA enjoying their AC and doing fun activities- Big Kid just did the fitness orientation and he is excited to start exercising. Mostly he wants to take boxing classes with me on Saturdays.
All that activity requires good, healthy fuel, and I do not want to fire up the stove or oven when it’s over 90 outside.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to serve when it’s hot outside!
- DIY Ramen Potluck!
- Easy Home Made Ice Cream Recipe!
- Family Recipe: Chicken Divan (in the crockpot)
- Healthy, Frozen Fruit Pops!
- Marinated Salad
- Bachelor Mousse
- Easy One Pot Meal: Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot Recipe: Moosie’s Pot Roast!
- Quinoa Tri-Color Pepper Salad
- Protein Shake Recipes! Big Kid has really taken to protein shakes in the morning, since he’s a vegetarian and doesn’t really do eggs either (It’s a texture thing). The trainer that did the orientation really drove home that he needs to fuel his body with protein on mornings when he works out- which I really appreciated because for some reason, he’ll listen when someone else tells him the EXACT THING his dad and I have been telling him. C’MON KID!!
As you can tell there are a lot of dessert recipes. Because, really, who doesn’t like dessert?
Talk Back: What do you cook when it’s hot?