I told the kids this morning that we’ll be going to Brick or Treat at Legoland this year, and they were so excited.
LEGOLAND® California Resort transforms into a monster mash bash for the ultimate family fun during its Brick-or-Treat Party Nights Halloween celebration, presented by Disguise Costumes, every Saturday night (Sept. 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, & 27) at 5 p.m. with more Park after dark! LEGOLAND® California‘s Halloween festivities is filled with sweeter treats, exciting entertainment and not-so-spooky thrills.
Along with 16 Treat Stations sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth, guests can collect specialty items such as LEGO® commemorative brick, LEGO® Life Magazine containing a special gift and enjoy a bonus treat station inside SEA LIFE® aquarium. In addition to the treat stations, the kids can’t wait to check out:
- Frankenbrick’s Lab, kids can partake in an interactive show with a chance to act as scientists on stage and create their own slime
- Model Shop roof will be the home to AstroBash, a space-themed dance party that’s out of this world
- A new pop-badge challenge in Fun Town
- A fall festival complete with a LEGO®pumpkin patch building activity, BOOgrass Band (this is my favorite part of the night- Seriously! Everything is awesome done by a bluegrass band… it’s rad!)
- And Bitty’s Favorite- A special LEGO® Friends meet and greet in Heartlake City, where kids can decorate their own craft
Brick-or-Treat Party Nights is a special event and admission can be purchased for as low as $54 if purchased online in advance. Additionally, guests can purchase a full 2nd day Resort Hopper ticket to enjoy LEGOLAND California, SEA LIFE aquarium and LEGOLAND® Water Park. Special event ticket holders can enjoy costume contests, trick-or-treating at candy stations filled with tasty goodies and other surprises, festive music and live entertainment.
LEGOLAND California and SEA LIFE Aquarium are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on select dates throughout October. With special event admission to Brick-or-Treat Party Nights on September 29, October 6, 13, 20 and 27, guests can extend their day until 9 p.m. at both LEGOLAND California and SEA LIFE Aquarium to enjoy all the Halloween festivities plus add on a 2nd day Resort Hopper to extend the fun all weekend long. For exclusive savings and more information, visit www.BRICKORTREAT.com or call 760-918-5346.
This is a variation of a craft I did as a kid, and I have done with my kids! It’s very simple, as kids as young as about 2 1/2 can do it with help. This is the project that Margaret and I worked on as part of our most recent Craft Morning.
You (and your kids) can make this craft as simple or complex as you would like. Since Margaret was helping me, we decided to go simple. We used an Ikea picture frame, but you can use anything clear and glass (or even plastic). It’s really fun to do this craft with a clean baby food jar with the label removed. You can put a battery operated tea light into it to make it a “stained glass” candle holder.
To do this craft, you’ll need:
(All of the Amazon links above are affiliate links- I *might* earn a commission if you make a purchase from one of these links).
- Clean the glass or plastic and dry it.
- If you’ve got a wooden frame, paint it with acrylic paint and set aside to dry. I also used Posca Paint Markers to paint the frames. Discard the piece of cardboard/backing.
- On the exterior of the pane of glass or whatever you are using, draw or place the “panes” using Glitter glue, black tape, paint markers, or washi tape. Once completed and the medium is dry, it’s time to do the stained “glass”.
- Carefully coat the side opposite the one that is “paned” of your glass or plastic with Modge-Podge. Use a foam brush.
- Apply the tissue paper pieces to the Modge-Podge coated surface. Make sure to cover the entire surface with Modge-Podge and tissue paper. To have a darker color, apply multiple layers of the same color of tissue paper.
- Once complete, set the item down to dry, wet side up.
- After the item is dry, trim off any excess tissue paper that is sticking up.
- Spray the side that has been Modge-podged with Clear Spray Paint/Sealer.
- After it has dried, put the glass into the picture frame and secure the glass in with the metallic tabs- if that is not an option, you may hot glue the glass into the frame.
- Secure a ribbon to the back of the frame (you can hot glue a ribbon) and hang in a sunny place.
Here are a few that Margaret and I made for her room:
We may be making these for Mother’s day for some family members. I’d love to see what kinds of crafts you and your kids do!
Our next Craft Morning will be February 19th. We’ll be painting and hiding Friendship Rocks. If you are in the San Diego Area, you are welcome to join us!
For the past few months, Bitty and I have been hosting Craft Morning at our house. We set up a table (or two) get out craft supplies, invite mommies and their littles over, and we create.
Sometimes I have a specific craft in mind (ornaments in December), but sometimes we just look at what is available, and creativity takes over!
Tomorrow, we’re doing it again! I’ve got supplies for tissue paper stained glass and scrapbook paper wreaths, but my craft supply stash is pretty deep, so there will be other supplies out for whatever the mommies and kids want to make.
I’ve started a Pinterest Board with ideas here. If you are a San Diego area parent and you’d like to join us, check out the event page here.
February’s Craft Morning will be held at a park, and we’ll be painting and hiding rocks! All of our Craft Mornings are free to attend. I get craft supplies for free from local swaps, Buy Nothing groups, Craigslist, as well as family and friends who are cleaning out their supplies.
I hope to see lots of smiling faces at our upcoming craft events!!
If you’re anything like me, you love to learn new stuff. When I found out that Craftsy is offering free mini-courses, I had to take advantage!
If you’re new to Craftsy, the mini-courses feature student-led discussions and are shorter in length than regular courses. They are a perfect way to learn new skills and experience the Craftsy platform first-hand.
Here are just a few of the free mini-courses available:
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen’s freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin’s tips and tricks.
- Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- Short Rows: Don’t fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Perfect Pizza at Home: Stretch your dough and your imagination as Peter guides you through each step of making a pizza. You’ll make pizza sauces, consider cheese options and bake five types of dough in your conventional home oven. gImpress Italian purists with a slice of your Sicilian-style homemade pies, cook creative flavor combinations for more adventurous palates and even provide gluten-free pizza lovers with mouth-watering meals.
- Complete Knife Skills:Become faster and more accurate with your knife work, and create dishes that cook evenly and look truly professional. Guided by chef Brendan McDermott, you’ll explore proper hand placement and the four fundamental cuts. Learn to dice, mince and julienne a range of produce. Find out how to chop herbs without bruising them or losing flavor, and never again cry when cutting an onion. Uncover Brendan’s favorite shortcuts for working with butternut squash, pineapple, chiles, citrus and more. Discover the four knives every chef needs in their kitchen, and enjoy a bonus lesson on honing and sharpening your knives at home!
I’m taking the Complete Knife Skills Class!
If the classes above aren’t your cup of tea, Here’s the full list of Craftsy free mini classes to choose from
Which mini-course are you taking?
As previously promised, I’ll be holding playdates every few weeks. This is a great chance for moms to meet other moms and let the kids play.
We met at the park last month and it was tons of fun, this month we’re going to be delving onto my craft stash to make some fun holiday crafts. We also have a craft kit from Creative Hands Crafts to explore.
Check out the event and learn more (including the awesome giveaway I’ve got for the first 5 moms to RSVP and attend the event, go to the event page here.
Recently I wrote that I was going to receive a glow in the dark Trick or treating cotton tote bag and markers from Colortime Crafts. It came last week and over the weekend, I gave it a spin. Henry was too busy cleaning his room and playing to color (his words, not mine), and Bitty Bird was napping.
The bag is very sturdy and well put together.
I received three markers: Green, Purple, and Orange. We also have a stash of fabric markers, so I filled in with our stash as needed.
The directions instruct you to place a piece of cardboard between the layers of fabric to keep the markers from bleeding through.
It turned out really cute, and we’ll be using it this weekend at a Halloween event. I’ll be posting photos on Instragram! Make sure to follow me!
Click here for the Latest Online Special offers and promo codes to Colortime Crafts and Markers
I love this time of year! There are all kinds of fun crafts. We go through bags like crazy, so I am stoked to be receiving the Colortime Crafts and Markers Glow in the Dark Halloween Totes!
If you know me, you know I’m not a huge fan of goodies bags at parties- I much prefer that the guest do a fun craft or an activity. Colortime has great goodies for birthday parties and sleepovers! Fun kits like coloring pillowcases, t-shirts, backpacks, permanent fabric markers, and more.
For savings, join their Birthday Club and receive 20% off and a free backpack, with your order!
I’ll be receiving some goodies from Colortime, including a Glow in the Dark tote. I’ll post a review with photos once we are able to get our craft on!
Click here for the Latest Online Special offers and promo codes to Colortime Crafts and Markers