** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I was bummed when Craftsy announced earlier this year it was closing its virtual doors. For some of us (myself included) being crafty and creating art is one of the things that has kept me going through the craziness of 2020.
Well, Craftsy is back, and they have some really awesome free classes that you can enjoy. Craftsy has thousands of classes. You can purchase them one by one, or have an annual or monthly membership. If you are new to Craftsy and want to check it out, they also offer a lot of free classes. Here are just a few that I love:
If you’re anything like me, you love to learn new stuff. When I found out that Craftsy is offering free mini-courses, I had to take advantage!
If you’re new to Craftsy, the mini-courses feature student-led discussions and are shorter in length than regular courses. They are a perfect way to learn new skills and experience the Craftsy platform first-hand.
Here are just a few of the free mini-courses available:
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen’s freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin’s tips and tricks.
- Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- Short Rows: Don’t fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Perfect Pizza at Home: Stretch your dough and your imagination as Peter guides you through each step of making a pizza. You’ll make pizza sauces, consider cheese options and bake five types of dough in your conventional home oven. gImpress Italian purists with a slice of your Sicilian-style homemade pies, cook creative flavor combinations for more adventurous palates and even provide gluten-free pizza lovers with mouth-watering meals.
- Complete Knife Skills:Become faster and more accurate with your knife work, and create dishes that cook evenly and look truly professional. Guided by chef Brendan McDermott, you’ll explore proper hand placement and the four fundamental cuts. Learn to dice, mince and julienne a range of produce. Find out how to chop herbs without bruising them or losing flavor, and never again cry when cutting an onion. Uncover Brendan’s favorite shortcuts for working with butternut squash, pineapple, chiles, citrus and more. Discover the four knives every chef needs in their kitchen, and enjoy a bonus lesson on honing and sharpening your knives at home!
I’m taking the Complete Knife Skills Class!
If the classes above aren’t your cup of tea, Here’s the full list of Craftsy free mini classes to choose from
Which mini-course are you taking?
I love Craftsy! I love making stuff and being creative, but sometimes it’s hard to learn a new skill or hone one you already have on a budget. Craftsy to the rescue! They have awesome free classes where you can learn to do all kinds of cool stuff from cooking and baking to knitting!
The free mini classes can be viewed on any device, so you can learn anywhere! Right now there are 47 mini classes that are free. Mini-courses feature student-led discussions and are shorter in length than regular courses. They are a perfect way to learn new skills and experience the Craftsy platform first-hand.
Here are just a few of the ones I’ve saved to watch and explore:
For the complete list, click here.
Which Mini-Classes are you going to take?
Looking for a good way to spend your weekend? Check out the new free mini classes from Crafsty.
Here are a few of the free mini-classes that are on my to-do list:
And here is another class I’m the MOST excited about taking… the Perfect Pizza at Home will provide me with some tips and tricks to make our next pizza extra delish!
Want to check out the classes and see what the big deal is? Here’s the full list of Craftsy free mini classes to choose from!
I am all about picking up new skills and discovering new patterns, especially when they are free! Craftsy (which is an awesome repository of crafting and cooking classes) has a section dedicated to free classes. They also have a section dedicated to free patterns! What I really like is that you can take as many free classes and download as many free patterns as you like.
Here’s the full list of Craftsy free mini classes to choose from. Below are just a few of the classes I thinks are super cool!
Here is a complete list of the the free patterns you can download:
BTW: This Post contains affiliate links, if you purchase anything after clicking through my links, I may receive a commission.