Have you noticed that your children has been upset, anxious, depressed, or otherwise stressed? Check out this webinar offered by Sharp Health for free. It takes place on 9/30/2021 at 12pm.
Unprecedented changes in routine due to the pandemic — mixed with constant stress from social media and the news — has made the life of adolescents and teens more complex than ever.
Join Sharp Mesa Vista’s Child and Adolescent Program for a free webinar on how parents, teachers and school counselors can better identify and address signs that a child or teen may be struggling with significant mental distress, including anxiety, depression and even suicidal thoughts.
During this webinar, you will learn more about:
- Recent statistics on anxiety and depression in youth
- Implications of the pandemic on anxiety and depression
- Typical developmental changes in children and teens and warning signs of significant anxiety and depression
- Awareness of suicidal thoughts and risks and responding to a crisis
- How to talk to children and teens about what they are going through
- General support for a child with anxiety and/or depressive symptoms
- Knowing when and how to seek support
To learn more, or sign up, click here.