This recipe has been fine-tuned and constantly evolving for a while. It originally started as a copycat of the Greek Chicken restaurant near me. This chicken is now a million times better.
Lemon Herb Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (I use breasts or thighs)
- 2 lemons
- 2 medium onions, chopped (I like sweet onions)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Oil of your choice (I like olive or avocado)
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the marinade:
- Pat chicken dry and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl juice the lemons, set the lemons aside.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Chop up juiced lemons, add to marinade.
- In a large ziploc bag, pour marinade and add chicken.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at minimum 2 hours- I usually let it marinate overnight.
Cooking the chicken:
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T. oil or spray pan with spray release.
- Cook chicken on each side until brown and internal temp is at minimum 165.
This chicken is also great grilled! I love serving this chicken with a crisp cool green salad, hummus, and pita.