This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Cents of Style is at it again, helping you stuff stocking and score goodies for the holidays!
You can choose from several styles of winter hats, beanies, warm socks, slippers, and gloves (or mittens!). Mix and match to your heart’s content; the color and style combos are endless!
So many awesome goodies and when you use coupon code LETITSNOW the final price $16 when 2 winter accessories are purchased + FREE shipping. That’s only $8 for each item! This code is valid Tuesday, 12/10 until 12/12 at midnight.
It’s still summer here in San Diego for a few more months (does it really ever ends??), and I thought this post from Cheryl Locke at Madison Reed is perfect for those of us who may be spending more time outside, in the water, or just having fun adventures and want to keep our locks looking luxurious.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated (it’s a super small amount!) if you make a purchase after clicking through the links. You can read my Disclosure policy here.
Bright and warm days are ahead. Like our favorite season, summer hair should be effortless in theory. In actuality, you’re battling major beauty bummers like frizz, brassiness, dullness, and sunburn.
How to deal? We’ve rounded up the best defenses–some as simple as just adding water. The sun’s out and fun’s in. Here’s how to beat the heat beautifully.
- Wet hair. It’s simple and effective. Before taking a dip in the pool, drench hair in fresh water. Like a sponge, your strands will soak up water, preventing chlorine and chemicals from penetrating cuticles.
- Lock in moisture. Before you take a swim, work in a hair oil; it seals hair from chlorine and the drying effects of the sun. Plus, oil provides a bit of weight to prevent flyaways and frizzing.
- Wear a cap. We’re confident you can pull off this look. If you take frequent dips, you’ll want to embrace a hair cap’s retro charm. The additional barrier does wonders on keeping chlorine out.
- Rinse off immediately. After pool-time, prevent chemical build-up (and green hair) with a quick rinse. Brownie points if you use a clarifying shampoo followed by an extra-emollient conditioner to bring hair back to its original shine and bounce.
- Deep condition. A shea-butter-rich treatment is your best anti-frizz secret. You know what they say about an ounce of prevention. It keeps hair more manageable and less tangled even in salty-windy beach conditions.
- Use an SPF. Most of us dutifully slather sunblock all over our face and body, but we often forget our hair and scalp. Don’t make that newbie blunder. UV rays not only fade hair color, they also dry out hair, cause split ends, and weaken hair’s elasticity. Spritz on a liquid SPF (or DIY by combining 2 teaspoons of SPF lotion with one cup of water). For additional protection, summerize products with UV-fortified formulas. Psst: Madison Reed’s shampoo and conditioner come with UV-shielding lupine flower.
- Keep hats on. A floppy brim is not just the it-accessory of the season, it offers protection against the color-fading effects of sun.
- Skip the blow dryer. For natural curls and waves, just go with it. Work with, not against curls; straight styles that require flat irons and blow-drying will fry ends, deplete moisture, and end up giving you more pouf than sleekness.
- Pull it back. Your best line of defense against the pouf is often a sleek bun or topknot.
- Don’t touch your hair. Except for occasional flirty hair flips, excessive handling of your hair only causes frizz.
Post courtesy of Cheryl Locke for Madison Reed.
Madison Reed offers salon-quality, handcrafted hair color delivered to your door on your schedule! Clear instructions, all the extras you may need and fabulous results really set Madison Reed apart from other home hair color options! I love the conditioner– smells great and keeps my hair super soft and shiny!
What I love is that you start with a Hair Profile (kinda like a quiz) and it helps you find a color that you’ll love.
Cents of Style has a really fun sale for their 2 For Tuesday this week. TWO accessories for only $14 which makes each item ONLY $7.00 apiece when two or more are purchased making many items 65% off!
There are 35 AMAZING accessories to choose from including dad hats, sunglasses, hair accessories, and belts!!
Use Coupon Code ACCESSORY14 at checkout to take advantage of this incredible deal!
Check out just a few of the awesome choices: