This recipe is super easy, you can add meat (like in the picture) if you like, or keep it meat-free and add some extra vegetables.
I try to have the ingredients for this soup on-hand. It’s quick and perfect for when you want a hearty bowl of soup in a hurry.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 c. each: chopped carrots, celery
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 14.5 ounces (or so) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1-quart vegetable stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 T. Mural of Flavor
- 1 9oz. package of Ravioli (I Like 4 cheese)
- 1/2 c. good quality parmesan cheese, divided
- In a stockpot, heat olive oil and saute all of the veggies for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium/low, add tomatoes, tomato paste, and veggie stock.
- Simmer on medium/low for 20-30 minutes.
- Add ravioli and cook 8-10 minutes, until ravioli are cooked.
- Ladle into 4 bowls, top with cheese and serve with a green salad.
It’s that easy!
- Add 1/2 lb. of protein- your choice. I like cooked, crumbled Italian sausage. Meatballs or Italian sausage sliced into rounds work great too. Add into the soup after step 2.
- Use ravioli with meat if you prefer.
- Use Gluten-free ravioli if you need to.
- If you want more veggies in your soup, add 3-4 cups of fresh spinach when you add in the ravioli.