I learned today that March is Craft Month, which is awesome because I am always down for a good craft!
If you are looking for craft supplies on a budget, here are my top five tips:
- Thrift Stores are a great place to start scouring for craft supplies. Frequently thrift stores bundle up craft supplies.
- Sign up for rewards programs at your local craft stores and/or download their apps. Both Michaels and Joann Fabric & Crafts have apps with coupons to save you more!
- Dollar Tree has great craft supplies. Our favorites are their wooden boxes, craft kits, pom-poms, chenille stems, and hot glue sticks!
- Craft supply swaps are a great way to trade supplies. I host once a year or so, right before school lets out. Everyone brings their excess/unwanted craft supplies and it’s a free for all swap. Leftovers are donated to a local school or scout troop.
- If you have liquid/wet supplies (like ink pads, glue, paint, etc), make sure to check them before plotting out a project. Nothing is worse than sitting down to do a project to discover that your glue/paint/whatever is all dried out. BUMMER!
If you’ve got kiddos, check out the free week of crafts at Michaels, starting today.
AllFreeKidsCrafts Spring Crafts eBook is now available for download here. I found 3 new crafts for the kids to do today- they are going stir crazy because it’s raining here.
I know some of my readers love their wine, and if you are one of them, FaveCrafts has something just for you! Their latest free eBook, 25 Cool Things to Do with Old Wine Bottles is available here.
If you are looking for something different, perhaps learning a new skill or skills, check out Blueprint!
Blueprint has all kinds of online classes, videos, and articles that you can access with an unlimited membership, or you can take a singular class online. They also have a great selection of free articles and patterns here. Whether you want to learn about sewing, cooking, quilting, embroidery, art- Blueprint has classes for everyone!
In celebration of National Craft Month! Get ANY Blueprint class for just $10 with coupon code “CREATE10”!
Michael’s is hosting 6 days of Free Kids Crafts 3/8/2020-3/13/2020!
- Sunday 3/8/2020: Craft Stick Bee 2-4pm
- Monday 3/9/2020: Pom Pom Caterpillar 4-6pm
- Tuesday 3/10/2020: Stained Glass Kite 4-6pm
- Wednesday 3/11/2020: Beaded Butterfly 4-6pm
- Thursday 3/12/2020: Friendship Bracelets 4-6pm
- Friday 3/13/2020: Clothespin Birds 4-6pm
Parents/guardians must remain on-site. Each craft is free, including supplies!
If this doesn’t work for your schedule, check out Kids Club! Each Saturday 10am-noon, your kiddos (ages 3+) can choose from 2 30-minute projects. Most projects are free or have a low cost.
Looking for something fun to do this coming weekend? Check out your local Michaels Craft Store!
- Date: Saturday, February 8, 2020
- Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Come make a Lots Of Love Vinyl Decal Shirt: Come punch designs out of vinyl to create a Valentine’s Day T-shirt. Buy the shirt, and the supplies to decorate it will be provided!
Other crafts going on include on 2/8/2020:
- Valentine’s Day Cards: Create cute “love bug” or pretty watercolor cards to give loved ones! FREE, all supplies included.
- Sweetheart Cookies: Learn easy ways to decorate Valentine’s Day Treats. FREE, all supplies included.
- Fabulous Friendship Bracelets: Make these beaded bracelets to give to your BFF for Valentine’s Day! FREE, all supplies included.
Michael’s has all sorts of fun free and low-cost classes coming up for kids and adults. Find out about classes near you here.
Just in time for summer crafts! Now through 6/22/19, you can find and use a $5 off $5+ (restrictions apply of course) on the Michaels website here.
This coupon is valid in-store only. If you need to shop online, there is a 40% off any one regular price item here. It also has restrictions.
I’m taking the kids this morning to find supplies for a project to work on this week! And don’t forget that Camp Creativity is in full swing! $3 craft classes where kids can make and take a project! Details can be found here.
Did you know that Michael’s hosts free and low-cost crafting events for kids ages 3+?
This week there are some really fun activities!
- 6/3: Sparkling Dragonflies (4-6pm)
- 6/4: Woven Turtles (4-6pm)
- 6/5: Butterfly Puppet Garden (4-6pm)
- 6/6: Bug Catcher Jar (4-6pm)
- 6/7 Painted Bug Rocks (4-6pm)
And the first 100 event attendees per store will receive a $5 off $5+ coupon! With so many craft supplies at $5 or less, you’ll be able to score something cool!
And Every Saturday there is a new craft class from 10am-12pm for just $3!
I’m really looking forward to Camp Creativity.
Each week has a different theme, and each 30 minute craft session is only $3!
What I really like about these craft classes at Michaels is that the kids get to try out new crafts and I don’t have to lay out a ton of money to buy a bunch of supplies for something that the kids may not be all that into.
And- to be honest, I’m not faced with the craft aftermath clean up. Yall know what I mean.