I love Cross Country Cafe! They always have great deals, contests, and recipes!
Right now, they are running a contest for FOUR full-size boxes of French Roast K-Cup® coffee pods! Enter to win before March 30th, 2020.
One of the ways that we stay on budget is to limit how many coffee shop beverages we have each week. I load $25 every two weeks onto my Starbucks card. Honestly, it’s usually used on treats for the kiddos.
I make a big pot of French Roast Coffee each morning and make our coffee shop style beverages with it as the base. Here are a few of our favorites:
Quick & Easy Misto (aka a Cafe au Lait)
- 20 ounces Hot Coffee (prepared however you like)
- 1 cup milk (whatever kind you like, I prefer whole or 2%).
- Sweetener, if desired
- Ground Nutmeg or Cinnamon, if desired
- In a heatproof cup, heat milk for approx. 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Froth milk in a Magic bullet, blender, or using a Milk Frother. This takes about 30 seconds. The more fat the milk contains, the foamer the milk gets. Fat-free milk (either dairy or non-dairy) does not get too frothy.
- Pour Hot Coffee into your serving cup. Add your sweetener and stir. This is a great time to try a new sweetened syrup!
- Using a spoon, Push frothed milk to the side and pour milk over the coffee.
- Top with Foam if desired.
- Get extra fancy and sprinkle the top of the foam with nutmeg or cinnamon!
Quick & Easy Mocha: If you love a Cafe Mocha to start your day, simply add 2 T. of your favorite Chocolate milk mix or instant hot chocolate (I like this dark chocolate hot chocolate) to the milk before your heat and froth it. Follow the same directions as above.
Caramel Macchiato: Pour 1 cup, hot frothed milk into your mug, followed by 6 ounces of very strong hot coffee. Top with a little more foam, and drizzle caramel syrup over the top of the foam.
Cinnamon Dulce Latte: Pour Coffee into mug, add steamed milk and two pumps/Tablespoons of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Cooled/leftover coffee makes GREAT iced coffee. Simply pour over ice, add any milk and sweetener/syrup you’d like and serve. YUM!
For an Iced Mocha, mix 2 T. of your favorite Chocolate milk mix to the milk before adding it to your ice and coffee.
I love the Torani Sugar Free syrups, they come in over 40 flavors and most of them are great in coffee. We like the following flavors:
- Irish Coffee (it’s non-alcoholic)
- French Vanilla
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Spice
- Coconut (it’s good in a mocha)
If you start your morning with a protein shake, here are a couple recipes for coffee drinks that use protein powder in place of milk.