The Positive Parenting Program is a program of Jewish Family Services, funded by the County of San Diego and offered FREE in English and Spanish to any community groups interested. More information is available by calling (858) 637-3375.
- Dates: November 5, 12, & 19, 2019 (Tuesdays)
- Time: 6:00-8:00pm (Childcare Available)
- Location: Cajon Park Elementary School 10300 N. Magnolia Ave Santee, CA 92071
- RSVP: Meredith Riffel 619-258-2345 or email email@example.com
The program uses the evidence-based curriculum “Triple P” which has more than 25 years of research supporting the evidence that Positive Parenting is effective at reducing parental depression, anxiety, and stress as well as decreasing instances of child abuse and neglect. In the community, we can offer the three-session Seminar series, which includes:
Seminar 1: The Power of Positive Parenting
- Ways to help your child learn
- Strategies for carrying out positive discipline
- Keeping realistic expectations
- Creating workable family routines
- The joys and challenges of being a parent
Seminar 2: Raising Confident, Competent Children
Help your child to:
- Be respectful and considerate
- Become a problem solver
- Learn social skills and build friendships
- Feel confident in the world
Session 3: Raising Resilient Children
- Great information for parents experiencing difficult economic times
- Recognizing and expressing feelings as a family
- Modeling positive thinking for your children
- Strategies for dealing with stressful life events
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Jewish Family Services (858) 637-3375
Parents and caregivers: It’s ok to say that you don’t have all the answers, and it’s ok to look for help. Jewish Family Services has a Positive Parenting Program and it’s coming to Santee next month! It’s a free class, and all you have to do to attend is call Meredith Riffel at 619-258-2345 to RSVP.
From their website, “The Positive Parenting Program (PPP) provides free parenting workshops throughout San Diego County in Head Start preschools, elementary schools, and other community sites to help parents and professionals learn how to use simple, practical, and powerful strategies to strengthen families.
Throughout our five-year history, we have served more than 5,000 families, helping 10,000 low-income preschool children communicate better, cooperate more, and show greater respect toward their parents, teachers, peers, and themselves. Nearly 97% of parents surveyed report seeing improvements in their children’s behavior!”
The best part is that childcare is provided for those of us with littles that are not in school yet!