Every time I post about PinchMe, someone says that they miss the window of freebies, so I’ve decided to start posting heads up when I get the emails!
Sample Tuesday is coming up on Tuesday, September 17th, and they’ve got a bunch of amazing new samples you won’t want to miss!
Click here to RSVP to the Official Facebook event to get a reminder on Sample Tuesday and a chance to win 1 of 5 amazing deluxe PINCHme boxes.
P.S. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the samples for you to claim:
- Heinz Mayochup Saucy Sauce
- Blistex Moisture Revitalizer
- Compeed® Blister Cushions
- Chlorphen-12 Allergy Tablets
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup with a Blend of Veggies
- Pioneer Woman Frozen Products 100% Free Gratuity Coupon
- Schick® Xtreme® Shave Foam–Sensitive and Moisturizing 100% Free Gratuity Coupon
Remember to fill out your advanced profile in order to boost your chances of receiving samples! Don’t forget, the new samples go live on Tuesday 12pm ET!
I know there are so many families in San Diego that are affected by the government shutdown. I wanted to post a small round up to try and help those who may need help with groceries, clothes, or help with paying bills.
Food: Here is a post about San Diego, CA area food banks, food pantries, and produce distributions. You can also call 211, or visit the 211 website. They have tons of great recourses, including information on housing, utility assistance, and transportation.
Utilities: For those of us in San Diego County, SDG&E has several ways you can save money on your power bill. I’ve gone over a few here. SDG&E also has information on their site specifically for furloughed Federal employees.
We switched to Time-of-Use pricing a few months ago, and combined with being more mindful of when and how we use power:
- Turning off lights during the day and opening the shades/curtains
- Turn your thermostat up.
- Doing laundry and dishes before 4pm or after 9pm
- Using Smart Plugs and using OhmConnect to help us conserve power actively during times when there is extra demand on the grid. You can learn more about OhmConnect here.
Clothing Resources: Here are a few resources that can help you with clothes. There are clothing swaps all over San Diego County.
Pet Resources: The San Diego Humane Society is offering free pet food (cat or dog) for furloughed Federal employee. Per their Facebook page: “We will offer free pet food to federal employees affected by the government shutdown Monday, Jan. 14 through Friday, Jan. 18, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at all three of our campuses. Two bags of pet food will be provided to each family who can show proof of federal employment. All pet food will be available on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. You can help by sharing this post, donating on our website (https://bit.ly/2AJJtcN) and/or by donating dog or cat food at any of our locations.”