#8 is a resolution that I thought would be closer to the top of the list: Learn something new!
There are lots of ways that you can learn and grow without breaking the bank!
- Borrow books from the library- most libraries have their card catalogs online, so you can check and see if your local library branch has the book(s) you are looking for before you step foot in the library. AND- some libraries have the ability to hold the books for you until you can get down there (usually 24 hours).
- Can’t find the books in print near you? Check out Google Books. There are tons of free books that you can read online.If you head over to Amazon you’ll find thousands of Free E-books on Amazon in all reader formats.
- Check out community learning opportunities. Grossmont Adult Education has tons of great classes, including some great Mommy and Me style pre-school classes for kids!
- Check YouTube for tutorials or seminars that are of interest to you.
- Harvard (yeah, *THAT HARVARD*) has free, no credit open courses here. Other Colleges including MIT, Yale and Stanford offer free online no credit classes for the public to take/sit in on.
- Check your local museums for free days for locals. San Diego Locals- here is a list of free museum days in Balboa Park.
- Craftsy has a ton of free classes and patterns! Check out this post with just a few of my favorite classes!
- There are tons of free opportunities for kids to learn here. Most public libraries have story time or other free activities and workshops for kids. Check out Red Tricycle’s website for all kinds of free and cheap learning opportunities for your littles!
- Love documentaries? Love to read? If you haven’t tried Amazon Prime yet, there is an awesome promotion right now- sign up and get your first 30 days free. Prime gives you access to more than JUST free shipping. You can stream movies, documentaries, enjoy the free Kindle lending library, and more! Start Your Prime Video 30-Day Free Trial Now!