I recently learned about Shopper Army: A website that offers great rebates on products people actually buy. They also have really cool contests.
You can sign up here. Here are just a few of the rebates they are offering right now:
Free Friendly Farms Organic Lowfat Chocolate Milk
Free Premier Protein Dark Chocolate Mint High Protein Bars
Free Elevation by Millville Protein Powder
Free The Greek Gods Seriously Indulgent Marionberry Yogurt
Free Nature’s Path Dark Chocolate & Red Berries Granola Bars
Free Runik Red Blend Wine
Many of the rebates are for 100% of the cost, but a few are 75% or so. Either way, if these are items you buy or use, this is a great opportunity to stock up and save!
If you like rebates- This is a great website. They have tons of rebates available now!
Trust me, it can be done! There are lots of people who ask me about saving money, but they announce that they don’t want to bother with clipping coupons. They either lose them, forget them, or are embarrassed to use them. That’s ok. There are still ways to save money!
Here are a few:
- Use money saving apps. My list of favs (and links) is here. I use these in addition to coupons and I save a ton. I was at Target buying shampoos and body wash the other day. After coupons and other discounts, I paid $14.86. After submitting my receipts to Ibotta and SavingStar, I got back and extra $7.99 in my paypal account!
- Don’t forget your loyalty card! Some stores like Vons, Ralphs, heck even Best Buy have loyalty cards. Some offer discounts on the spot, and some accrue discounts to more you shop and scan your card!
- Don’t forget your discount! Some stores offer discounts to military, teachers, and peace officers. And if you are a senior citizen there area plethora of discounts waiting for you!
- Buy what’s on sale! If you have a choice between an item that’s on sale versus an item that is full price that is comparable size….
- Check out the Price per Unit to see what is the best deal. Bigger isn’t always better!
- Reusable bags can net you some savings….In addition to helping Mother Earth, some stores (like Target and Sprouts) offer a discount of .05 per re-usable bag used. A nickel isn’t a lot of money, but over a year, they can sure add up! I use between 5-10 bags each time I shop.
If you’ve got a kiddo that loves robots, building, or STEAM type activities, this camp is PERFECT! Right now, ROBOTS-4-U Summer Camps Now Enrolling and my readers save 60% Off with Code: TEX1660M15 www.ROBOTS-4-U.com This offer expires 3/31/16 I know that when Lil’ Man gets older, he’s definitely going to be interested in this camp! He loves building robots and machines with his Legos!
Campers having a BLAST, while learning and playing in a dynamic environment. Learning about Robotics and Science, in an independent and exciting way!
Visit www.ROBOTS-4-U.com and www.dynamic-art-design.com to see dates and locations for these day camps.
– Robot / Science / Engineering / Day Camp / Challenges (ROBOTICS, Dynamic Art, BATTLE ROBOTS and DRONES, and S.T.E.A.M. education)
– Camps Girls and Boys – Aged 7 to 14
– Robot Camps and Dynamic Art Camps offered during June, July and August
– Hands on Learning, Self-Paced. Beginners to Expert!
– 1 week (5 days) long
– Days: Monday to Friday Times: 9:00-11:30a.m. and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
– CAMPERS RATIO: 1 Instructor to 16 participants
-Register early as camps do fill up quickly!
– Each Camper Individually uses a ROBOTICS or DYNAMIC ART Kit. Robot kits do not go home with campers but are available for purchase!
For The Current Robots-4-U Camp Special Offer Click here.
Christmas is 64 days away, and while some of us have been saving our pennies and dollars, some of us haven’t. This article is for those of you who are looking to earn some extra money. For the holidays, or heck, even beyond that!
Now these are all methods that I have used, and continue to use, so there is no baloney coming from me.
- I do Surveys. Here is a post with links to my top survey companies, including how much each one has earned me!
- One of my favorite survey companies is Paid View Point. Surveys are short (less than 5 minutes). Earn cash with each Survey. You get $1.00 when you sign up! The pay out is $15.00, and it takes about a month-6 weeks to earn $15.00. So far in 2015, I’ve earned about $78.00.
- I send my junk mail to Small Business Knowledge Center. Here is a post about it with details. I just got another $20 GC from them earlier this month!
- I take our bottles and cans to the recycling center. It’s not a ton of money, but I paid the deposit on those bottles, I want it back! I take Lil’ Man with me and we get about $4-$5/month between the milk jugs and misc. bottles and cans. We don’t drink a lot of soda or juice. My parents save their recyclables for us too!
- I do simple tasks with Field Agent. Field Agent is an app for smartphones that allows you to do simple tasks like photographing displays in stores or scanning items in stores. They even have secret shopping tasks. Tasks vary in pay, however most pay between $3-$10. I’ve been using Field Agent for 2 months and I’ve earned over $100. Payment is done via Paypal!
- I also do simple tasks with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk. I transfer the earnings to my Amazon.com account. You sign up and do tasks for small amounts of money, but the money adds up fast. The tasks are quick and simple (transcription, surveys, flagging inappropriate photos). I’ve earned over $50 since February. If you want cold hard cash instead of Amazon.com credit there is an option to have money transferred to a bank account. Mechanical Turk does ask for your SSN when you sign up- you will receive a 1099- MISC at the end of the year., regardless of which option you select.
- Earn Gift cards with Mypoints. I take surveys, click links in emails, and do all of my online shopping through Mypoints. So far in 2015, I’ve earned about $45.00.
- I also use Swagbucks. I use their search engine toolbar, take a daily poll, watch a video and click a few links each day! So far in 2015, I’ve earned about $60.00. Swagbucks has tons of rewards, you can receive cash via paypal too!
- I use my smartphone to save money too. There are tons of apps that have help you save money in the store (coupons), and get your money back afterwards (rebates). Here is a list of my favs. I’m loving Ibotta right now- I’ve saved over $100 this year alone, just buying my normal groceries!
All of these things are easy to do, realistic, and even a busy person can take 10 minutes out of their day to do one of the things I’ve listed.