Feeling stuffy? Illness comes all year round, and if you are feeling cruddy remember to give yourself time to heal.
Here are my tips for recovering from the summer cold:
- Hydrate! Push water, electrolyte drinks (I like this one LINK), teas, and even 100% fruit/veggie juice.
- Wash your paws. Especially if you will be in shared spaces. Use hand sanitizer if you don’t have access to running water and soap.
- Stay home! Or if you can’t, mask up! Protect others from your germs by covering your nose and mouth with a mask. We all probably still have masks at home.
- Rest! Don’t push yourself to work, exercise, or complete chores. Take care of your body with naps, and go to bed early. No Doomscrolling on social media.
- Get your 5 a day! Remember fruits and veggies while you are sick. Whole produce is best because it contains fiber as well as other nutrients, but in a pinch, 100% fruit or veggie juice will suffice.
And if you need some OTC meds to get you through it, check out this offer from Mucinex!