This is a family favorite, and I’ve been making this shake recipe for almost 10 years.
I’m linking to most of the items on Amazon, so if you don’t want to leave home to try this recipe, you won’t have to. As a reminder: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe all started back when I was doing medically supervised weight loss and we had to drink 5-9 shakes per day, so adding in low-calorie flavor options was a must. A few of the “approved” options were peanut butter powder, malt powder, and in phase 2, frozen fruit (in the case of this recipe, frozen bananas). Now that I’m no longer on the program, I still have a shake once a day, usually to curb cravings for sweets.
Feel free to use whatever type of protein powder you like. I use the HMR brand. My kids love these shakes. In fact, the big kiddo has one a few times per week for breakfast.
I use a Calphalon Active Sense Blender, but any blender or immersion/stick blender will work.
Mrs. Bear Special – PB Chocolate Malt
serves 1 grown-up, or two kiddos
- 1 Scoop Chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 2 tablespoons malt powder
- 1 frozen banana, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 handfuls of ice
- 8-12 ounces of water (If you want it creamier or are not calorie conscious, you can use fat-free or plant milk)
- Place all ingredients into the blender.
- Blend on smoothie or ice breaker mode until smooth.
- Serve with a milkshake straw.
Depending on your protein powder, the completed shake will have 25-30 grams of protein per shake.