Yesterday in my tabouli recipe, I mentioned I’d be sharing a hummus recipe soon. Here we are!
This recipe is super easy, and you can pick up all the ingredients in any grocery store, on Amazon, or even at Target.
- 2 15.5 oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tahini (I like Tumeric Tahini from Havens Kitchen)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (or you can use 1 teaspoon chopped jarred garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 t. cumin
- salt to taste
- Garnishes (optional): additional olive oil, everything but the bagel seasoning, toasted sesame seeds, a sprinkle of cumin, sumac, chopped parsley)
- In a food processor/blender, blend all of the ingredients (except the garnishes)
- If the hummus is too thick, add 1 teaspoon of water and blend again. repeat as needed, adding up to 3 teaspoons of water.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld.
- Pour into a bowl, top with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and any other additional garnishes as needed.
- Serve with veggies, pita, or chips/crackers.
This recipe is vegan, and gluten-free.