As promised last week, here is our new family favorite soup recipe. This soup came about after a shopping trip to Grocery Outlet. I discovered a bunch of cool looking ingredients I’ve not seen before. Notably, This Parmesan Brodo broth. It’s OMG so amazing. It adds what foodies call “Depth of Flavor”.
This soup is super quick and easy to make.
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1.5 c. celery, chopped (if you are like me and wonder why celery is so expensive, here’s the answer)
- 1.5 c. carrots, chopped
- 2 cartons Swansons Parmesan Brodo broth
- 1 package Chicken and Mozzarella Tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 2 T. parsley (I used dehydrated, but if you’ve got it fresh, use it)
- 1 T. Rosemary
- In a large stockpot, melt butter, and add onions, celery, and carrots. Saute on low until onions are clear and soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook on low, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broth and herbs. Cook on low/medium for about 20 minutes.
- Add tortellini, and cook per package directions.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the spinach. It cooks super quick
- Serve soup with garlic bread.
Note: This soup isn’t vegetarian or gluten-free. If you need a gluten-free option, there is GF tortellini available.